• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Zonda RS mod

Ingy

Hi guys,

Didn't wanted to make new topic but oh well.

Wim contacted me on ISI forum last year but i wasn't around, sorry about that. Dunno if it's too late. He asked permission of converting the Zonda RS mod to rF2.
Permission granted. But i think it needs alot of overhaul both physiccaly and graphically :p

Cheers guys. Keep it kool on the track.

Ingy

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
Hi, welcome and thank you :)
If its not much trouble leave a PM too at Wim's inbox, he is Navigator here http://www.simracers4life.com/index.php?action=profile;u=41
He has link for personal mail too http://www.simracers4life.com/index.php?action=emailuser;sa=email;uid=41

Ingy

Hi, thanks :)

I already left a PM for him on the ISI forum, just wanted to make sure he'll notice it :)

Cheers,
Ingy

Navigator

Hi Ingy,

As I said on the isi forum; thank you very much mate!
This is an awesome mod and should be "restored" to the new rF2 glory :)

We did have some good fun driving them and I think back......about 10 years from now?? Time flies. I absolutely fell in love with this car; thanks for giving it to us and the chance to place it in the new version of rF!!

Paul Swire

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
League Member
Great news Ingy,

Thanks for the permision for Navigator to do his stuff.

@Nav - Are you still here? Haven't you got some work to do lol 8)

Navigator

Sorry Paul; I stopped working on the mod, just to write this.......hope it's okay? ;)

Just a quick update and a question for now.

The mod is going fine (a hum, lots of work though as I was not familiar with the suspension and flexible chassis) and now I have a good working .pm and flex chassis. Drives like crap for now, but I know it gets there; the base is proper.
As you may -or may not- know; I'm (way to) picky.....and so it's going to take a while.
For instance; I want to make the rear wing a 21 click and keep the front wing a 3 click. I want to keep a ratio of -in this case- 1:7 so you can lower the front wing 1 click and do 7 for the rear and keep your balance. There are still 6 positions around that balance to play with.

Also I want to do justice to the original and keep it the same handling; that's not easy when everything is new :)

Ingy said it was a mix between the Cinque and the GT1 version and if the times are not to far off, it's maybe a nice idea to make it a playmate for the GT1 (Nissan wasn't it?) in rF2.
However; if there's 10 seconds between them; it's not going to work.

So; there's my question right away; I saw you guys some time ago running around Le Mans with the GT1's........what times were set there; someone remembers? And; what was the top speed?
If you remember, please let me know :)

Anyway; off to work again or Paul might look me up and kick me in the nuts :)

Hectari

It was the old GT-R GT1 we ran at Le Mans, so since the latest update it is different and maybe a bit slower(less downforce overall I think), would need to drive it and see. The times for me then were 3:52 - 3:54 in race and maybe a top speed of about 194mph but I can't quite remember so might not be right. If you want me to take the latest GT-R for a spin there I'll do it on Friday night, might need a little setup work, not sure how my old set will fare.

Navigator

Hi Hectari,

Thanks for the info. Well, the Zonda is pretty close I notice so it's worth it to try and get it even.

I can't drive the Nissan and be quick now, so if you are willing to give it a go; yes please :)

Thanks in advance mate, great!

Navigator

Made some progress last week and times are -for now- between 51 and 59, depending on how I proceed. A match with the Nissan should be possible.

Did you find the time to try the Nissan Hectari?

Also; would anyone (with devmod installed) be interested in helping out with the testing? Ingy is testing too, but the more, the better, right?

Hectari

Hey Nav sorry I've had too much work to do this weekend but I'll have time late tonight to get a run in.

I've got devmode installed as well and would like to test the Zonda for you. Was thinking it would be good to drive both at LRP no chicanes layout, between there and Le Mans it should give a pretty good comparison, can give you motec data from the GT-R too if it would help, the setup used or both.

Navigator

Hi Hectari,

No problem off course; just reminded in case you forgot.
The Motec data; I have no data myself and can't get it as Motec doesn't agree with me ;)

Great that you are willing to help out testing! I will send you the files later this evening. Beware it is still in early stages and nowhere done.......
Also; I have only low wing settings tested for now; I don't know LRP very well, but if you want to use high downforce there; I didn't do anything to it and might be completely wrong. Tested Le Mans with 1 front and up to 5 rear.

Give you a pm later! Thanks mate.