Fun Event Wed Night Fun Races - 2022 - SR4L BMW M1 LE

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
OK once past the start-finish line there are no braking markers on the right, just a featureless fence and a sign with arrows which means its too late to brake. On the left there are cones which are sure to be moved and they are obscured by my door pillar. The only thing I can see to use as a brake marker are the white lines in the middle of the road.
Yeah - I realised I was thinking of the chicane….!

I had a thought overnight by the way… Was Jeesoo Cristoo actually the ‘JC’ of the missing DJC?:eek:o_O

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
JC was not me.
Looks like you had a few fast guys in, looking at the live timing.
My PC is poorly last few days. Blue screens and full lock ups. Will make a post about it in the tec part of the forum if computer lets me.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
JC was not me.
Looks like you had a few fast guys in, looking at the live timing.
My PC is poorly last few days. Blue screens and full lock ups. Will make a post about it in the tec part of the forum if computer lets me.
I think JC knew the track - unlike the majority of us! It was clear there was ‘easy time’ out there if you knew where to find it.

Anyway, if you can host next week while I’m away, let me know the track and I’ll get it loaded. If you’re b*ggered, no worries, we’ll take a week off.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Looked like a good turnout - how did the racing go?

(I think Petrolhead (nice avatar by the way) and Cruicky might have had one of their customary start line magnetic incidents in one of the later races? :eek: ;) :D )

Petrolhead

League Member
Nah, we were good as gold

Racing was good and not many incidents considering the new cars and the hairpin.

Usual suspects were quick.

Cars were fun but I suspect not to everyone's taste

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Do we want to stick with the Fiats around a short track again this week? I’ll load something this afternoon now I’m back.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
OK, much as I hate *love* these cars ;) , they can be a complete pain in the proverbial fun drive around a short track, so...

Next track is Brands Hatch v1.22 (by Spidey - link via InternationalSimRacing) - Indy Layout. 10 laps (that's still just 8 and a bit minutes!)

It's a hoot!

AbarthsBrands.jpg

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Dropped out early at Red Bull due to VR screwing up plus I had no practice there. Will miss a couple more due to getting new eyes! Cataract surgery. :eek:

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Dropped out early at Red Bull due to VR screwing up plus I had no practice there. Will miss a couple more due to getting new eyes! Cataract surgery. :eek:
Yowser! Good luck!

I think my sister is due to have a cateract op soon at around the age of only 53!

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Good luck with your eye surgery.
Auntie had it done. She said her colours were different after op.

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Thanks guys. A little nervous but sure it will be ok. Very common procedure. Can't wait to have no glare/flare when seeing lights at night. Plus my stargazing might improve when the fog is lifted.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Small turnout last night (due to UK temperatures and BBQ season?) but some cracking close racing in the little Abarth’s around Brands Indy. Just looking at the SimRacers hotlap board, the top four recorded lap times for the week were within a 0.105 second window!

I was much happier in them this week after dealing in a setup designed to put all the grip of supermarket trolley wheels on the back end:D

It’ll probably be Friday before next weeks choice goes up - might stick with another short-course Abarth race, might try something different. Happy to hear suggestions in the meantime…