• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

view replay crashes to desktop

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Haven't done rF2 for a few weeks. Running it today started with lots of updates. That process seemed to have no glitches. Went to watch a replay and the track loaded fine and then displayed the replay screen for a few seconds. Then game closes. Tried multiple tracks and cars with same result. I can race the same car and track combos with no problem. Just can't watch replays. Validated local files. Installed new vid drivers. No luck.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
I gave replays a test. Mine seems to be working fine. Replays from online and single player working for me.

Some one posted your problem here.

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
I'll just live without old race replays for now.

I reverted back to previous stable build, which apparently was 1126. It then displays (and successfully plays) replays from a few weeks/months ago which is mostly Wed fun races. Maybe also some older ones but curiously no replays of the 1967 F1 Legends league races appear in the replay list. But I can play all the replays that do appear.

With build 1130 the only thing that plays are races made now with 1130. 1967 F1 Legends races appear in the list but kill rF2 back to desktop. The recent Wednesday Red Bull Ring National races appear but also kill rF2.

Not going to put any more time into this. Seeing old replays isn't that big of a deal. It will probably iron itself out eventually. I'll be out of commission for a few more weeks. Cataract surgery got postponed 2 weeks so will start tomorrow.