• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Some of my old GPL videos

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Bringing some life to this old forum section, here are some race videos from Grand Prix Legends that I have online. Most are captured in pretty low quality because they were captured so many years ago when CPU strength wasn't so hot!

Excerpts from a league race at Reims.
[youtube]_raWaNepQA8[/youtube]

Only two of us showed for this race and since I was generally quicker, I deliberately drove ragged when I got ahead so that I'd eventually lose it and let him back in front to resume battling.
[youtube]ggKhbxoqr0I[/youtube]

Our '65 series petered out but the racing still was fun with the few of us left.
[youtube]5INhh6gNbvc[/youtube]

[youtube]7bBVkKePTRI[/youtube]

cookie

League Member
thanks for the memory- there were always cool vids around in gpl - i was a loyal and faithful participant from 1998 to 2008 ......when i put the cd and books back in the original box and on the shelf for good .....

it started out taking about 30 minutes to download a car or cockpit mod file from gplea and within a few short years we were racing 20 car grids online ....true start of something ....

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
I recently found on one of my hard drives the web pages of race reports and points updates from when I did that for our league, 2008-2010 or so. Lots of nostalgia there. "Oh, we raced there? How did I do?" sometimes, but other times, "Oh, I remember an incident in that one..."

Mauro

GPL Lover
Staff member
Modding team
today i found my first ever online race of my life Link

13 October 2003
GPL race in Keimola

...and this was my livery used in gpl years :)

Lot40_49.jpg

this is an highlights video of that championship:
[youtube]jVNbTkboA3Y[/youtube]

Bruce

League Member
Yea I used to have a website with some GPL stuff on it. I remember warning of the big files taking a long time to download, my Brabham was a whopping 5mb. Also trying to make textures with 16 colours. Those where the days; 850mb hard drives with 16mb (and that was high) and 166mhz Pentiums. We also had online races using dial up modems, those with the fast 28k versions had to throttle them back to 14 to stop problems. Not only did we have fields of 20 for GPL Nascar 3 had 43!

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Somewhere on one of my hard drives I have an archive of the download pages for the GPLEA Pantsring Motor Bowl. It was just too funny to let disappear into the ether.

I have the GPLEA announcement videos for our Honda RA300 and Ferrari 312 too, but can't YouTube 'em because of the music.