• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Sunday Event Details Round 2 - Sunday 26th Feb - Assen TT - Pwd: Goodyear

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Careful going near the kerbs. Many areas with this track you get false cuts...

It's like the new cut system only looks at the width of your car body and not the width of the car + wheels too.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
20230225223055_1.jpg
20230225223004_1.jpg
Looks like it is the track, Cut limit lines don't go all the way to the road edges in a number of locations.
So be careful in race.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
How did the cut track system do in the race? I (think*) I set it to ‘relaxed’ and upped the points threshold to 5 just before the end of practice (was ‘normal’ and 2 before…)

*I received an important phone call - and was also trying to serve dinner - right at the same time. I *think* I reset it….

Dan Bayford

League Member
I just wish I had known as I spent all my practice time making sure I stayed with in the limits

Dan Bayford

League Member
Don't get me wrong I do think the limits sent originally was far to stringent but they were what they were for all

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
I'm happy Myles changed the points from 2 to 5 for this race as the one and only False cut I made in the race used up a full 1 point. This means with just 1 more cut like that it would have been a drive through. I'm happy Myles did not turn off the cut system off completely as there would be nothing to stop people just cutting though Chicanes or going wide. Races and poles have been won in the passed from drivers doing that and is frustrating to the other drivers that try to keep to the rules.

I don't think the relaxed profile changed much in the end.

Compared to the “default” profile, the “relaxed” profile makes the following changes:

• Various calculations are more lenient with regards to time spend off track and when you drive further than the racing line would.
  • During race sessions passing for position whilst off the track incurs 40% less penalties points
  • Wall riding is only calculations are 50% more lenient

I seemed to have some good speed at this track. I was very surprised. I drove the same slug car I drove last week. Last week it was very slow on the long straights compared to the Ferrari but this weeks track has many corners without too many straights so was great.
The graphics looked nothing like the screen shots on the tracks Workshop page , colours looked bad and over vibrant (see screen shots above) but track had nice layout and flow.

Ron was fast, good for me he had bad start. He was on fire ;).

Spielberg race track next, I think my slug car will be slow there with all the long straights but I will see.