• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Sunday League Rnd 8 F1 Legends Silverstone Historic Race Reports

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
All good for me no real issues except a hay bale in turn 1 on one lap.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Qually

Went out early and managed a middle 27s , saw Cookie put in a great lap and snatch pole , so went out again , had a good exit from Copse and was well up on time but came across a brake marker ontrack on the exit to Maggots , I was too fast to avoid so this launched me into oblivion . Tried again as I was expecting Dan to pop one in , this time I managed to get my act together and break into the 26s but couldnt worry Cookie.Looking at practice times I was expecting to be on the 2nd row so was pleased to be on front row .

Race

Got a dream start and took the lead into Copse , I was hoping DJ and Cookie would have a battle and slow each other to give me chance to make a break , I didnt fancy my chances against Cookie on the Hanger striaght , this they duly did and I got a gap , after that the race was pretty much unevental for me I got into a rhythm and pulled away . Mind you after watching the replay of DJ and JP slugging it out I would have been happy in 3rd watching that , nice driving guys .

Txus

League Member
Last two races have been a struggle to survive for me.
I loved both the tracks Interlagos and Silverstone but couldn't find the pace or the setup and made a lot of unforced mistakes.
Besides that I can find the right fuel load, I finished the interlagos race with 40l+ and almost run out of gas on Silverstone :D

Last edited:

Dan Bayford

League Member
Friday night my pc crashed in a big way I lost everything had to start from a fresh install I lost all my set ups but thanks to DC by Saturday afternoon I was back to near my pb then Sunday joined the race during practice all seemed ok and then at the end of practice a big pc crash again I almost threw the towel in there and then but luckily the crash hadn't effected rf2 I finally got back into qualifying with 14 minutes to go I did a few laps but couldn't get near my pb and then when cookie put that superb lap in I new I couldn't beat that so settled in for the race
Race
I got a poor start and was slow for the first few laps then I relaxed a little a tried to enjoy the race all was going OK till my pitstop just as I was pulling away I got interrupted and took my eye of my speed and got a 10 second stop and go after I served it I was way down but the car felt great so I just kept my foot down and was able to make a few passes and climbed up to 5th I was well happy with that considering the past few days congratulations to DC and podium and thanks to Rick and Gary for great clean battles im not sure what happened to John but gutted for you man you was very fast see you all at the next one thanks admins and stay safe all

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Rick and Gary for great clean battles
I enjoyed it. Except I couldn't hold you off! Never stood a chance. You were so quick and my tires were worn out.

I had done one miracle mid 27 in practice but could never duplicate it. Qualified P7 which is typical for me. Had a great 1st gear setup so got along side Ratus in T1. Held my inside line but he was squeezed in a sandwich. There was contact and he careened off to the right. Looks like he made a great recovery though in the long run. I got confused with my fuel consumption and mistakenly pitted after 10 laps. This made me heavy mid race and low on grip towards the end. But none of that really changed my outcome in the end. Even with a little better grip I would never have been able to hold off Dan in the end.

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Last two races have been a struggle to survive for me.
I loved both the tracks Interlagos and Silverstone but couldn't find the pace or the setup and made a lot of unforced mistakes.
Besides that I can find the right fuel load, I finished the interlagos race with 40l+ and almost run out of gas on Silverstone :D
Hi, I struggled with that for a long time. Now i make sure I have my phone with the calculator close by. Make sure you have an overlay with avg liters/ lap display as this is usually very accurate. Just multiply with the number of laps round up and put a bit of safety on top and then divide by two for the amount per pitstop. I usually take a bit more in the first stint as this gives you a bit extra flexibility about when to pit. If it is a timeboxed race i find it easiest to calculate the runtime in seconds then divide through your average laptime in seconds which gives you the number of laps. Don't forget to add the formation lap as I did over at ISR if there is one. The most important point is to have the calculator at hand as it stressful to do it without as you then wonder the whole race whether you made an error in the calculation.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Had nice race with JPS. we were glued to each other the whole race. The first half the race he was trying to find a way passed me, which he did just before the pit stops, then I spent the 2nd half the race trying to find a way passed him.
3 laps to go, at the end of the Hanger Straight I manage to pass him on the inside, then I felt immediately a bump from the rear sending me wide, and he's back in front again. I'm thinking oi, what the :O? Next lap at the same place I managed to pass. The move was not clean we still touched but I was in front this time to finish 2nd. Nice close racing, hope I did not give you too much of a work out JP :).

Well done on the Pole John, bugger you found them sleeping road bumps.

DC very fast o_O, well done on win.
Ratus and Dan were quick also.
Ron was smoking .

CU in next one.

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Yeah, she done blowed up! Had no idea it was spitting out puffs of black smoke until seeing Ratus' livestream later. After eight laps it had had enough. Shame as I had good pace for the Cooper, but it does require wringing out the Maserati engine to do so...