Sunday League Rnd 7 F1 Legends Interlagos Historic Race Reports

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Post your race reports :D

1644187352548.png

Good battles with JPS and DaveC.
They were faster, but I made less mistakes to get another lucky win :D.
I almost crashed into the pit lane entrance when I locked up. Tyres just got grip in the nick of time. JPS was not so lucky when he pitted and totally missing it :eek: :D.

J-P SImard

League Member
Bravo Dj, very nice victory and great battle, it's always a pleasure with you and DC.

For my part I am not the fastest over 1 lap but in the race I am able to keep up the pace and with the worn tires I was really fast and I took the lead of the race.
I thought I had done the hard part but as a beginner I missed the pit entry and lost the race lead, I should have practiced the pit entry more.

I was 14 seconds behind the battles in front and obviously very disappointed. I was content with 3rd when I saw DC having a problem and I took the opportunity to pass him when he had difficulty with a backmarker to take 2nd. It was a very interesting race and I had a lot of fun.

See you next time

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
training: heavy workload kept me frm the wheel. Ans when I tried i was too tired to get a lap done on this visually boring circuit. The turns are quite interesting but it is easy to loose concentration. Things improved towards the end of the week and I could get some laps in. not enough to be really consistent.

Q: surprisingly ggod on the last lap which got me P4: Confidence was increasing

R: Start wen ok, thenI made a few smaller mistakes and lost a position or two. On the long straight I came ot a bit quicker and could slowly pass Gary Roth. So I thought but I completely missed the invisible braking point in the heat of the situation and crashed into the Fence. To my surprise all wheels were still attached. Driving was difficult and I was heading for the Pits. I was too fast on the entry and collected a stop and go penalty on top of a 244 sec pitstop. Goodbye top 5, maybe some points if I get lucky. Another crash with minor damage and then I could keep it together. The pace was not bad but I was 3 laps behind. Will try to make it better next time.

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Uneventful race for me but pretty satisfying. Just clipped Santiago at the last minute for P6 on the grid. He was within a second or two for most of the first stint so had to keep pushing. No close battles but had to fight to maintain my position. Gained a couple spots from others' errors. But Cookie took one away with a good late pit strategy. Arrgh!! So ended up P5.

giorgetto giaguaro

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
It was another satisfying round for me: a P10 is not bad at all, furthermore in a hard track like this one.
I was curious to try for the first time the Historic Interlagos, but then, the graphic quality didn't made me love it so mutch.

Ihave to thank Santiago for the great setup he sent me, it was way better then mine.

After the start of the race I had a contact at Curva 4 at first lap I think with Tobias and get hitted from behind from a pair of cars and found myself at last position, then I managed to get till the end of race with a drivable damage avoiding lost of concentration. During the alone race a gained some positiones without having battles till P10.

Thank you all guys, it was an other great night!

See yuo at Silverstone

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
well first of all i did not get freeze and disconnect so happy for that. no speed for me then I had 2 speeding penalties fell from 10 to 12 but I made it.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
There was a lot of speeding in pits. We all need to practice.
Ricky Keene has one every race with out fail.

I completely missed the invisible braking point in the heat of the situation and crashed into the Fence. To my surprise all wheels were still attached.
You sure about that?
:eek:--->
:D

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
mine was all my fault it took two tries to realize it was entry not exit. great video hell of a driving job Tobias

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Qually

Went out and set my time on 2nd lap , car was mega , I was very surprised at the laptimes here I thought the Eagles and Ferrari’s would be way faster than the Brabhams , looks like what we lost on the striaghts we gained through the corners .

Race
Got a good start but left my brain on the start line , my car had the legs on everyone but my own legs kept forgetting to use middle pedal , lots of silly braking mistakes made me throw away a good chance of a win .

Ratus

League Member
Hello SR4L-Pilots

Apologies for not joining this Interlagos Race without notice. I had this Interlagos Race noted on Sunday, 13.02.2022 in my Racecalendar :confused:, no idea why i had it on the wrong date.
Hope you had a great race, grats to Podium and all finishers.

Cu @silverstone

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
There was a lot of speeding in pits. We all need to practice.
Ricky Keene has one every race with out fail.

You sure about that?
:eek:--->
:D
wow, well spotted. It was a heavy impact and I expected the car to fall to pieces which it didnt because it was held together with dark matter. If we dig deeper into this we might find the answer to most of the questions of mankind. :D