• Guest - Welcome to SR4L!
    The SR4L forum and race servers are funded entirely by donations - if you can help support us, please donate here! -> here
  • Hello Guest
    Sim Racers 4 Life is CHANGING!
    Our race and forum servers are changing for financial reasons - quite simply - we are downsizing to better match demand and the level of donations. There may be some outages over the coming days/weeks but please be patient - we will be back!
    If you can't find our race servers, try searching for 'SR4L' (no quotes) in the Matchmaker - for some reason the '!' in '!SR4L' seems to confuse it. Please keep up your support!

Sunday League Rnd 5 F1 Legends Jarama Race Reports

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Finished P6 after a P9 start. Very good results for me. I thought for sure I'd have several offs but managed to keep it on the pavement for 28 laps. I gained from the crashes at the beginning and just had to stay within my abilities in order to not give it all back.

Apologies to the fast guys trying to pass me on the last lap. I got a blue flag for the leader and surrendered that quickly. I'm not sure how quickly the others caught me but I'm sure I frustrated them. I have to say I was confused because I saw no blue flags until just before the last turn of the last lap. (I was looking for them) I should have paid more attention to the position strip at the bottom of the screen. To me this track is so intense that there is no where but the front straight to have a moment to focus on anything but driving. At any rate, my bad and I apologize.

Upon review... I didn't hold up anybody. Let DJ (P2) past on last turn of last lap, as soon as blue flag appeared. So I didn't miss any blues. :)

And watching replay I see that I lost a position to Dan due to a longer pit stop. No big deal but it would have been more fun to fight it out! We were neck and neck just prior. I did see a green wrench pop up on my screen just before my stop. Not sure why rF2 did that. I had not had any contact with anything.

Last edited:

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
a mixerd bag this race was for me.

T: many training laps and fiddling with setup. Mostly try and error. In the end Gearing and camber made quite a difference.

Q: Showed up late but I was confident to get a good one in based on the many training laps. That worked out ok for a low 1.30. NMot PB but close. P5 for the start.

R: I want to exploit the Beagle power at the start. Beep - pedal to the metal, qickly shifted to 2nd gear, P4, P3, I see a gap to P1 and stay on the gas - for too long, brake point missed, gravel detour. I reenter last on
P15. In the next 2 laps I tried too grressively to regain position and a few more mistakes. Sorry whoever I bumped into. I think I took Cookie with me into the gravel due to another missed brake point due to all the traffic. Sorry mate.

After that i tuned down the efforts and tried to stay on the track . The car fortunately did not have much damage and slowly I could regain a few positions. After 12 laps or so the tyres becam rather slippery and extra care was needed. However I made it to the pitstop and improved laptimes a bit after that. In the end I finished P7. Thats only two down from my starting position which is not too bad given the incident in T1 caused by my stupidity and greediness.

I can only second Rick, there really is no time to look at the dashboards or the standings or anything as the track demands constant attention and steering input except for 2 sec on the straight..

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Well for me this was the second time I have had a freeze during the race. I dont know why my frames were 125 my heat was fine. I did notice JP click out of race at same time so not sure if its that or an internet glitch. My screen froze but I heard my car crashing then it was ctd. I was able to reenter but had lost 4 laps and had damage on car. I had been 10th and 9th but fell to 13.
Again, I must apologize to DJ I lost track where I was and went offtrack and as I came back on, I thought I saw cars to outside, but they were inside and it had to be the leader, I feel really bad for that.

Ratus

League Member
Was surprised of beeing able to make a P4 in Qualy with the Ferrari. Guess power and top speed must be a bit higher than other cars.

Had a good race. Was lucky and not involved in T1 accident but later on while on lap 1 i made a bad mistake which luckely didnt hit anyone. Grats to Dave and David, real fast Pace! Grats all finishers, well done! Big thanks for the great organisation as always.

@J-P SImard : sorry for those few touches! Was counting with you comeback, what happend?

My race impressions captured in twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ratusracing/v/1258452231?sr=a&t=697s

Cu on track amigos

Last edited:

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Qually

I found it hard to find a gap to run clear in , I managed eventually to post a lap in the 29s and sat back feeling safe but then DJ upped his game and beat my time , followed by JP who was now getting a handle on these cars, I went out and tried again but traffic stopped me improving .

Race

Top 3 had identical starts , but on the change to 3rd I was gaining fast on JP , he saw me coming and closed the door , this left a big hole which a fast charging Tobias went for , I started braking hard but I had my brake pressure set low to stop lockups , it appears JP didnt so he was stopping faster than me and I ended up running into him and pushing him off (mega sorry JP ) , I slowed and pulled over to wait for him to rejoin but couldnt see him only a sea of Eagles , rejoined and chased after an Eagle and Ferrari , managed to outbrake the eagle into the first part of the 2nd hairpin and passed the Ferrari having an off on the 2nd part of the hairpin .

Started to chase down DJ and closed him , I knew I could lap faster if I could get passed but never got into a position to try a move , DJ pitted so I pushed hard as I was pitting a lap later , after the stops the position were still the same , tried to push DJ hard but then coming into 2nd hairpin I saw my teammate rejoining after an off , unfortunately he tagged DJ but it looked fairly gentle and Dj appeared to shrug it off , this allowed me to get close and get the draft on the main striaght and take the lead , I was then expecting DJ to come back at me so pushed hard to ensure a gap when we entered the striaght again , I held him back and then slowly eked out a gap .

J-P SImard

League Member
First I must tell you that I am learning to drive with my RVs and I had great difficulty during the first laps in the traffic, sorry for that.

I had a great qualifying lap, maybe the best of my career, but I knew I would have a hard time keeping up with the pace in the race, I still make a lot of mistakes on these cars. During the start, wanting to take the line to approach the first corner, I was surprised to see DJ directly to my left which made me do a big moove on the other side where I braked very early. Unfortunately Coyne hit me but it wasn't his fault. Then my first lap was catastrophic, so I was last.

The car was not so fast anymore but I was able to recover enough to fight for 3rd with Ratus but I had a lot of difficulty attacking. Eventually I skidded onto a curb, almost hitting the wall of the pits to end up in the wall on the other side with a torn off wheel. Not a glorious ending.

Too bad it ends like this but I am reassured to see that we can be fast in VR, I tried going back to 3 screens to test before the race but nothing worked and the FOV was terrible to adjust.

Congratulations to the winner and see you on the track.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
DJ are you doing one of your qually vids , i want to see where you and JP kicked my butt

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
DJ are you doing one of your qually vids , i want to see where you and JP kicked my butt
Done.
You were slow at the start but gained a lot of time back before the end.
However, our lap times in race were faster than our qualify laps :cool:.
Well done on the win.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Done.
You were slow at the start but gained a lot of time back before the end.
However, our lap times in race were faster than our qualify laps :cool:.
Well done on the win.
Yes i had the feeling grip levels increased during the race as average lap times seemed way faster

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
All champ races this season start with 'naturally progressing' rubber for Practice and then build rubber at normal rate through the session to race. Maybe little running took place in Practice this time and rubber only really started to go down from Qualy onwards?

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Well for me this was the second time I have had a freeze during the race. I dont know why my frames were 125 my heat was fine. I did notice JP click out of race at same time so not sure if its that or an internet glitch. My screen froze but I heard my car crashing then it was ctd. I was able to reenter but had lost 4 laps and had damage on car. I had been 10th and 9th but fell to 13.
Tim, check out this thread here--> Graphics engine stops running, game works in background
These people have same problem you have. One person fixed his by turning off GSync. Do you use GSync?

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
thanks DJ I have vsync turned off. It has only happened twice both in our races just this year. I did contact nvidia they had me reload drivers we will see.

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
oh my bad I dont think gsync works with triples does it?