DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Autodromo_Hermanos_Rodriguez_1963.svg

Post your race reports :).

Bruce

League Member
Eventually got RF2 to run reasonably well and looking reasonably good. A few races ago I got a new graphics card (an RTX 3060). Which got me the performance boost I needed, but then my Rift CV1 lost all of its sound. So I decided to get a new Quest 2; using Link to connect to my PC. I tried Cable and Air Link both with varying success. With RF2 (Steam VR) the main (big) problem was with pretty bad stuttering with the sound and to a lesser (not enough to cause a problem) extent the stream. I downloaded Virtual Desktop and it completely cured the problems I was having with Steam VR.

I was ready to give in all a go tonight (Sunday), but I got disconnected from the server during the warm up. I managed to got back to the selection screen but couldn't get the password to be recognised. So missed the race :(

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Qually
Went out and set a good time for me and was surprised to hold the top spot for most of the session , I fully expected Dan and Rick to blitz qually based on practice times , then Dan got his act together and beat me with a superb laptime closely followed by DJ so I ended up 3rd , I was happy with this as I thought the draft would help me during the race .

Race
Start procedure went of OK and I chased after Dj , on the second lap got a good exit out of Peraltada and went by DJ , I was then pushing to get as close to Dan for his draft hoping this would pull me away from DJ to stop him getting me back , fortunately Rick came to my assistance and attacked DJ which slowed him

Dan and I now pulled away , no way could I pass Dan with the power of the Eagle , I knew if I did I would not be able to defend , so I decided to just be a nuisance to try and pressure Dan into a mistake , but the guy was like a sponge , he just held his line making no errors and using the power in the right places , I ended up being the guy making errors , 3 laps from the end I caught the tyres and spun , fortunately I had enough time over JP to recover and get going but the car now didnt like turning right , luckily I still had enough speed to hold position behind Dan who drove a very controlled race .

This has been a very enjoyable championship and a lot of fun , I finished runner up to DJ a very worthy champion and with my Teamie Tim won the team league

Big thanks to Admins Bryan / Myles / DJ and the fastest points manager on the planet Tim .

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
First off congrats to Dan for an impressive win! And to DJ for the championship. Always a pleasure to "race" with you guys!

I got pretty fast with the Eagle practicing during the week but knew Dan would eclipse me and then yea verily so did both Daves. Not surprising. You guys amaze. Was satisfied though with a PB and 4th on the grid. Start was good. With superior power and draft, a few laps in I got by DJ in T1 for P3 and held it for a few laps. (Always fun and satisfying to get by a fast guy even if it never lasts! :p ) He tapped me a few laps later which let him by but he gave it back in good sport. After being frustrated for a couple laps I think he chilled waiting for me to flub up. (Usually a good bet.) He finally got his chance and made good on it. Mid and late race was all about Ratus and Cookie with lots of pass and be passed. In the end it was a battle to get past Cookie for 5th. I think his tires had gone off and on the final lap I forced him deep into T1 where he lost the rear and slid across my path just when I was going to squeeze through! I got knocked to the grass and so Ratus got by leaving me P7. No fault racing incident. Over all a very fun race and season.

I never enjoyed these wingless wonders as much as this season. Good choice admins! Thanks to all of you for your great organizing and work keeping it running!

Last edited:

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
The rolling start, think it worked out well, everyone survived the first corner.

At start of race I went backward

Sorry for the hit Rick N, you were looking good in 3rd place. The 10 spectators that you killed at the side of the road (yes I counted) did nothing to help you. Looks like you had a bit of damage afterwards.
20220530172336_1.jpg
While driving slow to let you by JPS had already passed, but that sneaky Ratus, that was behind you, jumped me too when I let you by.

Battle with Ratus and RickN in front for 3 laps. At the hairpin Ratus gets squeezed to the outside by RickN with wheels touching. I sneak by them both back into 4th position.
JPS was too far ahead. I was catching him up very slowing but ran out of laps.

Congrad to Dan for another win. If only you were this fast at start of session you would be the Champ :p . Do make a post in the Help and Tech Talk forum what you told me how you suddenly found some speed. It's very interesting.

I drove with the default setup for all 15 races , never changed a thing apart from fuel :D.

See you all in next one.

Dan Bayford

League Member
First massive congratulations to DJ on the championship well deserved mate
For the race I practiced a lot again for this race and with the Wed's fun race being there last week that really helped to get into the groove of the track
In qualifying I went out and the car felt alien to me It felt as though all the rubber had gone I just couldn't get the car to slow down then I realised I had loaded my set up the second run was ok but well of my pb and then on my 3rd run it all came together and I had a clear track and did my pb which got me pole and with the rolling start ( great call by the way DJ ) that helped calm my nerves abit for the start of the race

The race for me was nerve racking for the first few laps all I could see was a sea of green in my mirrors im a lot slower in the first few laps with heavy fuel so I was well happy to be able to hold 1st then me and Dave edged away a bit and then Dave was all over me lucky the extra power and top speed of the eagle gave me 4 tenths on the straight s which was just enough to hold him of in the corners the pit stop went near perfect I had to adjust my fuel I used more than I expected but regained the lead again after all the pitstops but still had Dave on my tail one slip and he would have been by me like a shot and the he caught one of the not so rubbery tyres and dropped back 9 seconds so I relaxed a little and then nearly caught the tyre myself on the next lap anyway I kept it on the road to the finish its a bit like buses you wait all that time for one to come along and 2 come along together its bean a great season thanks to all who make it possible thanks for all the work behind the scenes Admins its much appreciated and thanks to all the drivers its a pleasure racing with you all

J-P SImard

League Member
A not obvious track to learn, I have great respect for the drivers 60 years ago when they attacked with their dangerous car. Incredible.

On my side I was really slow when I arrived on Sunday and I finally managed to find 1.0 seconds by modifying the gears but I was still far from 1:50.XX like the fastest, it would be a race of patience for me . Qualified in 5th, it was my place.

At the start I placed myself behind the first 4 who were fighting and I was able to keep in touch. After the incident between Dj and R Nauman I inherited 3rd place and the rest of my race was mainly to go as fast as possible and not make any mistakes when DJ was only a few seconds away.

I didn't think I would last but finally I end this difficult season on this good note. It's no secret I'm not a fan of this car, but I really had fun thanks to you drivers. Of course congratulations Dan for the victory, what an end to the season. Congratulations also to DJ for the championship and thank you to the admin, a great work like usual.

See you soon on the track.