• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Sunday League Rnd 13 F1 Legends Zolder79 Race Reports

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Not much to report today. P4 in Q that was good. Blew the start. I went too soon, stopped and lost 5 positions. Busy catching up over the next few laps. So busy that I completely missed the stop and go penalty from the start. DQ - end of race.

giorgetto giaguaro

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
My race ended at lap1 in turn 4 thank to Ricky Keene, again.

I would propose to ban him from our leagues. He is not new at this kind of unrespectful racing, and not only with me.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Race:
What a weird and strange race I had, lol.
Started in 4th.
Ratus overtakes me on back straight of lap 1.
Guys in front battling it out.
Now for the weird part, one by one guys in front start doing pitstops . 1st Dave Coyne, then 2 laps later Dan B in the pits. Then a number of laps later Ratus is in.
Now I'm in 2nd place behind JPS who was pulling away from me. Found out later Dan and Dave had jump starts. Not sure what Ratus's very early pit was for, maybe forgot to fuel car?

Half way point before pits, I had a charging Dave coming up fast behind me at a second a lap faster than me. Almost behind me, he does his pit stop. I'm thinking, "alwell this is the bit he jumps me in the pits no worries, my battle is with Ratus". I do my pit a lap later and come out looking to see where Dave is and find he is over 7 seconds behind, no sign of Ratus too. Turns out Ricky Keene and Dave tripped over each other while I was pitting.

2nd half of race was watching the gap behind me and Dave shrink. Dave was on a charge to caught me. He finally caught me up on the last lap but I managed to finish in front. One more lap, he would have had me for sure.
Well done JPs for the win. I was not that fast this race, but the result was good :D
Driver of the Day to DaveC for great come back from his drive through.

See you all at Japan.

Ratus

League Member
Startet training Sunday morning and saw my times few seconds of Pace to the fastest laps set. As more surprised i was with the Qualy Postition of P5!
Race started super good for me, long time i wasn't up in front during first parts of race. Then during lap 5 i think it was, last chicane (Jacky Ickxbocht, thanks for trackmap ;-)) i braked too late fighting with DJC so i decided to enter Pits. After that more or less a lonely race against/with the laptimes. Finished 5th and happy. Would of been some nice fights in front, but i dont think i would of hold P3 or P4 due to slower laptimes. Grats to JP and all the finishers, always great to race with you guys!

Only 2 more F1L races to come in this championship, are there already ideas for next season?

ricikrick

League Member
My race ended at lap1 in turn 4 thank to Ricky Keene, again.

I would propose to ban him from our leagues. He is not new at this kind of unrespectful racing, and not only with me.
Totaly my fault i deserved a visit to the stewards for that one
Biggist sorrys to Gergio
about other insidents i do not know but im sure we all try not to crash and all know what its like to be taken out by someone.
very sorry for my infringement

J-P SImard

League Member
Qualifying went very well, just behind Dave and Dan who definitely seem to be the two fastest in qualifying this year with two different cars. To my surprise I wasn't far away.

It was a bit of a drama with the false starts in front of me but I wasn't sure Dan was going to stop and I pushed like crazy on the second lap to try and pass him.

When he did his drive trough I found myself in front and I was able to go at my own pace while keeping a little margin. DJ was seconds away but I knew he was less comfortable on that track and I watched Coyne from a distance and prepared to speed up if necessary. I wouldn't say it was easy because it's never easy to win against these guys especially on these cars, but for once I was able to drive without push like crazy. A very good feeling.

Congratulations to all and see you on the track again

Last edited:

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Biggist sorrys to Gergio
about other insidents i do not know but im sure we all try not to crash and all know what its like to be taken out by someone.
@ricikrick If you can make it, I’d recommend joining our Wednesday night fun races. I would guess we get through six or so 10 minute races in an evening and that soon builds up racecraft and race awareness.

We don’t tolerate thoughtless driving any more than the Sunday league but it is an environment where you can afford to try a few things out - honest mistakes are only 10 minutes away from a fresh start as opposed to two weeks…

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Qually

Went out and set a decent time but knew there was a good chance that Dan could beat it , kept going out and trying again but couldnt get a clean lap and Dan again did a better job and popped a good one in and stole it .

Race

Lol the start was a comedy, 2nd place grid slot had me looking across Dans car at the gantry lights , after the last beep Dans car moved and I reacted and launched , I knew it was a jump start so I pushed to try and gain as much time for the drive through , I pitted striaght away but in hindsight I should have done another lap , I rejoined in 10th .

Slowly fought my way back up to 3rd and was closing on DJ , decided to try for the undercut as I would loose less time than trying to fight my way past a wily driver like DJ , stop went OK and came out behind Ricky , I closed him pretty quick and going into Terlamenboscht he loocked up and looked to be going off so I floored it , unfortunately he gathered it up and tried to resume his line so we ended up tangling , got going again and car appeared undamaged which was a surprise considering the hit , got back to 3rd and was closing DJ but run out of time before I could really have a go at him .

Thats it the championship is over for me , I have to concede to DJ as I will miss the next round due to holidays , its been a great battle and demonstrates that consistency is better than outright speed Nice one DJ .

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Thats it the championship is over for me , I have to concede to DJ as I will miss the next round due to holidays , its been a great battle and demonstrates that consistency is better than outright speed Nice one DJ .
Better get a wiggle on with the next league vehicle…;)

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
That's it the championship is over for me , I have to concede to DJ as I will miss the next round due to holidays , its been a great battle and demonstrates that consistency is better than outright speed Nice one DJ .

Thank you :p. I will not start celebrating just yet. It is still possible for you to win, you are 50 points behind.
For you to win 3 things need to happen:-

1) I would have to DNF at Japan
2) I would have to DNF at Mexico
3) You would need to win Mexico.

That would put us on equal points. Because you have had more wins than me, you would be champ.
Yes very unlikely, but never know :D. My computer might break tomorrow :eek: .
Enjoy Holiday.

giorgetto giaguaro

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Biggist sorrys to Gergio
I really hope you'll pay more attention and more general respect in the future, with and like all the other drivers of SR4L.

Cheers.

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
I would guess we get through six or so 10 minute races in an evening and that soon builds up racecraft and race awareness.
And it's super fun to mix it up with the big guys even if only for a few laps. Then we line up and do it again!

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Late report as I haven't turned the PC on in two weeks. But... well, what's to say? I died on lap 2. To make up for the lack of power, I have the car set really loose to carry speed through the corners, but that makes it very unstable for a couple laps. Turn 2, lap 2, backing off a bit early, I got it sideways too soon, and the outside front wheel caught the inside of the curb. Away I went in spectacular fashion.