DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Post your race reports :).

Watkins-Glen-Chicane-1992.png

Ratus

League Member
Big challenge it was for me this time. Didn't practice other than some laps so wasnt fast in some sectors and made mistakes which resultes in spins and nice midfield fights. Made pressure on Tin (EDIT: it was Tobias, not Tin) in last lap and could slip through when he went a bit wide and lost grip in the left turn after "the heel turn". Sure would of give a even better end if he would havent lost it there! Grats podium, grats all finisher, well done all.

Tried a new stream cam position:
Twitch Ratusracing SR4L F1 Legends @Watkins Glen

Thanks for the great organisation and Points table.

Cu at Monte Carlo :)

Last edited:

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
This was a fun Race.

Training: Lots of tinkkering with the setup wit last changes from Q to R: Still wondering how an 1.51 is possible.

Q: I could improve on my training time so ok. C'ar was fast on atraight but smoking after a few laps and loosing power. Grill tape seems to be fixed to 100% with that car. This made me nervous and I tamed down the gearing for the race.

This was a cool race with many interesting fights for position. I lost a few places to Q but that does not matter. Especially the last laps were really interesting. I could catch up to Rick who started the usual defense program across the whole track. However Esses is not a good place for defense maneuvers and he haad some wall contact. I was confident that I could pass him soon as he had to be a bit mor cautious now. While staying behind and waiting for my chance Ratus suddenly appeared from behind and used the situation in his favour. Ans then there was also Tim and Ron. The whole group was close together for a few laps to the finish.

In the last lap I was able to reclaim my position from Ratus. He overtook me in Heel a lap or two before and I knew he was fast on the inside whil my line usually was a bit more on the outside. I did break a bit ealier and could stay on the inside defending this turn. But then I blew it on the next turn as I stepped on the gas to soon and spun. Ratus passed me and Ron could also take advantage. Super clean and fair driving from everyone I encountered.

Cheers

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
This was probably the most fun of the races this season for me. I was in touch with cars all race long, and gave those much faster cars a hard time for a lot of the race. Those Eagles, even when I'm in their slipstream they pull away dramatically from my poor Cooper. One half spin cost me quite a few seconds, but otherwise a clean run other than rubbing the Armco out of the final turn trying to take a little too much exit speed. Minor suspension damage but I could compensate well enough.

So yes, Virginia, there is fun in driving a car that's slower than everyone else's...

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Big challenge it was for me this time. Didn't practice other than some laps so wasnt fast in some sectors and made mistakes which resultes in spins and nice midfield fights. Made pressure on Tin (EDIT: it was Tobias, not Tin) in last lap and could slip through when he went a bit wide and lost grip in the left turn after "the heel turn". Sure would of give a even better end if he would havent lost it there! Grats podium, grats all finisher, well done all.

Tried a new stream cam position:
Twitch Ratusracing SR4L F1 Legends @Watkins Glen

Thanks for the great organisation and Points table.

Cu at Monte Carlo :)
Watched you Stream Ratus, nice blend of your steering and cockpit view. This was much better than swing mam view in my own replay. Thanks for sharing.

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Congrats DC on the win! And well done to the podium!

Never got really the hang of it here. Qualified P11 with no chance of getting any higher. Agree with Tobias in amazement at a 1:51. Hell, I'm amazed at a 1:52s. How DO y'all do that? But had fun none the less with a lot of close racing. I got up to P7 with about 6 or 7 to go and a train of cars behind me. Wasn't threatened enough to start a "defensive program" though until Ratus caught up to me as he was clearly the fastest of that bunch. In my heart I knew it would be nearly impossible to hold him off for the 5 or 6 laps remaining and that I should let him by. But instead I made a stupid defensive move to the inside approaching the end of the bus stop straight (way too close to the brake zone) and missed my brake point. Skid, wall, crash, wheels ripped off, end of race. :( But it was fun while it lasted.

giorgetto giaguaro

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
It could have been a slightly better (or maybe nicer) race.

I managet to strat in P13, lost a position after T1 but all went safely the first laps. The setup was good so my target was to keep my race pace till the end and see what it comes.

At 5th lap I was close behind Keene, he was a bit slower at T2 so I decided to go on the inside at T3 when he hardly closed the door right up on my car on his left. (Great racing manners there Mr Keene, and it's not the first time with you!) I know that shit happens but there are some behaviours that is not nice to see. After such an incident I use to stop and whait for the other driver, or maybe type just a little sorry after the race.. I was lucky to not finish my race there, fortunetely the car wasn't damaged so much and was well drivable.

The rest of the race went clean, without mistakes but a lot of hangry.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Qually

Set a reasonably low 52 on my first run but I knew I could break into the 51s so went again , got where I wanted to be and then Dan who is now getting a handle on these cars pushed me down , I went out and tried again but couldnt better his time .

Race

Fortunately 2nd on the grid gave me the inside line to turn 1 , I just had to make sure I got there before Dan . Got a good start and got myself alongside Dan for the corner entry I just managed to edge in front and was trying to gain as much speed through the Esses as I could as I knew Dan would murder me on the striaght , much to my surprise it was JP in my mirrors , he pushed me hard for a few laps then made a mistake which let Cookie through , Cookie then started to take time out of me slowly , I didnt want him to get near enough for me to start defending as that would slow me , so I decided on an early stop so I could lap in clean air and let JP and Cookie slow each other fighting for position , this paid off later in the race as I ended up back in 1st a couple of secs in front of JP who I slowly managed to edge away from .

Some good racing here from everyone on a nice track , I was pleased to see my teamie get a good result after all his early struggles in this season , GULP now Monaco .

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
was a good race for me had some fun with other racers and had a good finish. I had to watch replay to make sure I caused no issues for others and it looked very clean all around me. was fun.
sorry for the chat in qual but in shout it said 31 laps i was very confused what to do with fuel for race. in replay i did see Dan get crushed from behind sorry Dan wasn't me lol.

J-P SImard

League Member
Congratulations Coyne for this great victory

On my side as usual I couldn't ride much and as I watched the MotoGP race, I only did a few laps in qualifying but I still managed a good 4th time.

I had a plan to quickly get into 2nd if I wanted to fight for the win and I did very well, but then I made a mistake and Cook managed to pass me and I got stuck behind until at my stop, but I still had hope of winning because Cook was very fast and we were slowly gaining time on Coyne in front.

I stopped a lap in front of him and I think he had a problem because then he disappeared and I found myself quite close to Coyne. I wanted to take it easy and attack in the last laps when the tires were worn, but in the last 4 laps when I wanted to get closer I pushed too hard and hit the wall in the last corner and damaged my car.

Then I had no more speed and I secured 2nd, but I'm not giving up hope of winning a race by the end of the season and coming to annoy Dj and Coyne a bit in their exciting battle for the championship. ;)