Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Ta.

Quite a lot to take in - but explains one instance from last week where I was told to give a place back after an overtake attempt went wrong (I think we tangled and I went off track, passing the other car in the process).

I hung back for ages waiting for the driver to re-pass - as much for good manners as the penalty warning - but whoever it was didn’t regain racing speed and between courtesy and uncertainty whether a penalty was still a risk, my race was done.

Looking at the rules, the fact that I slowed so much *and* the other driver dropped well below the expected speed must have cleared the penalty.

Be warned though - I’m pretty sure that if you do score enough points for a penalty, the warning message that pops up can be misleading (saying that a drive through has been awarded when the severity of the penalty is actually a stop-go). The Penalties HUD screen may clarify this but I’ve been unable to test.

Also be aware that we may (in fact have -and probably will do in the future) adjust the infringement points level according to the race length and nature of the track. Shorter races will probably have a lower penalty bar before a drive-through/stop-go is awarded for instance.