Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Oh boy/joy!

rf2 1132 release candidate news

Normally, I would pretty much ignore this - 'we' don't like updating servers until RCs have had a chance to bed in - particularly when new features (such as racing against content you don't own...) are being introduced...

HOWEVER! The timeline suggests that this RC will go into full production on February 21st (11 days from now and just two days after the first round of the Spring '23 season). At this point, we won't have much choice...

I have therefore updated the server as of 6PM UK time - all clients will need to update to the latest RC at that point too. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Important news: Servers have been updated to v1132. You will need to update your clients to the current release candidate (right-click on rf2 in your Steam library, select Properties, now select Betas, select 'release candidate - the latest public build')

Now - the really important bit... If you have any old rfmods (the package files that define what we're racing at any point in time) then rf2 will most likely fall over during the initial boot when it tries to update files. If you find that rf2 returns to Steam, you will need to fire up ModMgr (under Steamlibrary->SteamApps->Common->rFactor 2->Bin64 on your chosen drive), click the 'mods' radio button (top left) and then highlight and delete (one by one, goddamnit!) any greyed-out mods that are missing components. Once all of these have been deep-sixed, you *should* find that rf2 boots normally.

Good luck! I'm off to crack a beer while I wait for my pizza!

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Still does not load for me. I uninstalled and deleted all server mods.

mel1c

Mel Fisk
League Member
Anyone else besides DJ having problems with the RC? A number of folks on Studio 397 forum are having the problem. I hesitate to jump in. I see they released RC4 to fix it…

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
mine seems fine

Dan Bayford

League Member
Anyone else besides DJ having problems with the RC? A number of folks on Studio 397 forum are having the problem. I hesitate to jump in. I see they released RC4 to fix it…
Mine was fine no issues so far and It loaded straight up with no changes

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
My computer is just special :D. I tried all the work arounds that are posted in the RC threads. Also turned off my virus checker + firewall. No joy.
When the RC build becomes the normal version soon, nothing will work.
I been enjoying other games for now. You might need another helper to marshall Sunday races just to warn you all.

Dan Bayford

League Member
My computer is just special :D. I tried all the work arounds that are posted in the RC threads. Also turned off my virus checker + firewall. No joy.
When the RC build becomes the normal version soon, nothing will work.
I been enjoying other games for now. You might need another helper to marshall Sunday races just to warn you all.
:(

mel1c

Mel Fisk
League Member
The 5th hotfix update to the current rFactor 2 Release Candidate build is now available!

Build: 10548611
Dedi: 10548626
  • Fixed Photo Mode Mouse Look working incorrectly if you do not have any keys assigned.
  • Fixed results files not showing driver entries
  • Fixed MotorGearRatio not being read from hdv file.
  • Fixed temporary boost not taking into account session boost limit
  • Fixed the 'Default' FOV setting showing as '9' instead of 'Default'
  • Fixed random engine sound stuttering
  • Fixed crash when updating subscribed content
  • Fixed missing mods in content list

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
what is photo mode mouse look?

J-P SImard

League Member
The cars you have chosen for the season look great unfortunately I will probably miss the start of the season because I am in a league where the season has already started and they are not yet on the 1132 version and I don't know that they will make the switch...

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Been sitting on "Checking updates..." for about 20 minutes. No visible activity behind it other than the animation.

Force-quit and started again. Seems to be working. Adjusting car paint now...

Last edited: