• Guest - Welcome to SR4L!
    The SR4L forum and race servers are funded entirely by donations - if you can help support us, please donate here! -> here
  • Hello Guest
    Sim Racers 4 Life is CHANGING!
    Our race and forum servers are changing for financial reasons - quite simply - we are downsizing to better match demand and the level of donations. There may be some outages over the coming days/weeks but please be patient - we will be back!
    If you can't find our race servers, try searching for 'SR4L' (no quotes) in the Matchmaker - for some reason the '!' in '!SR4L' seems to confuse it. Please keep up your support!

Rallyers?

myself9

Shannon Flynn
How many of us play Dirt Rally 2?
The game still isn't perfect, but it's come a long way from where it was at release.

If there are a fair number of us, perhaps we could set up some rallies on Saturday off-weeks?

SR4L Dirt 2 Server:

Last edited:

Fergy

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
It's been a long time for me. I did love some rally back in the day. I'll add it to me wish list.

Edvvc

League Member
Summer League Champion!
I absolutely love Dirt Rally 1 and still think it's the best VR driving experience I've tried for overall immersion. Haven't tried Dirt Rally 2 but could definitely be persuaded to get it for some multiplayer action. What kind of event did you have in mind? The first game would only let you do rallycross multiplayer.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Not played a rally game for years but i guess its time i tried the latest offerings so i have ordered it , FYI you can buy it on Ebay far cheaper than Steam

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Played Dirt Rally 1 a bit, but not enough to look into Dirt Rally 2. I still keep coming back to Richard Burns Rally when I want a rally fix. Just feels a little more sim-solid.

myself9

Shannon Flynn
I absolutely love Dirt Rally 1 and still think it's the best VR driving experience I've tried for overall immersion. Haven't tried Dirt Rally 2 but could definitely be persuaded to get it for some multiplayer action. What kind of event did you have in mind? The first game would only let you do rallycross multiplayer.
Maybe just set up some time when we could could get together and run ~60 min rally. It's difficult (impossible) to find randoms online who will stick around for more than a couple of stages.
DR2 does 8 player online rally, complete with service areas, great damage, flat tires and terminal damage.

I still keep coming back to Richard Burns Rally when I want a rally fix. Just feels a little more sim-solid.
I wholeheartedly agree with you there. But it's missing the live online component. Unless I'm missing something in RSRBR.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Bump.
When are you wanting to do this Mr. Flynn?

myself9

Shannon Flynn
Do Saturdays work?
Want to give it a shot on June 8, evening BST?

I'm pretty sure @Daniel Tani is on board as well. We did a little racing last weekend and he won his first rally in over 15 years (according to him) :p
By a lonnnnnng margin. He killed us.
My brother will also join us if he's not working, as well as another person or two.

Last edited:

Daniel Tani

Zen67
League Member
Do Saturdays work?
Want to give it a shot on June 8, evening BST?

I'm pretty sure @Daniel Tani is on board as well. We did a little racing last weekend and he won his first rally in over 15 years (according to him) :p
By a lonnnnnng margin. He killed us.
My brother will also join us if he's not working, as well as another person or two.

Haven't won a Rally or a stage for that matter since Colin McRae 2.0. Got very lucky last time...are you sure you weren't sandbagging?

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
I joined a random server the other day to see how online worked and was coming in last every stage. I would not worry about getting beat by me :D.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
What cars are you driving , at moment i have only driven fwd Lancia

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Cheers :).
Don't make the same mistake as I. I did 9 stages before I knew you were meant to renew tyres, doh. Thought it was doing it its self.
I was fixing the car, but never knew about tyres, so lost lots of time in the middle stages.