• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Pitting at Historic Silverstone 1975

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Exit off the track BEFORE the chicane.

(click for bigger pic)

Try follow the yellow lines as best you can around to the main pitlane. Try avoid hitting wall getting there.

(click for bigger pic)

You can touch the yellow lines but do not cross them with all 4 wheels.. Short cutting them or pitting AFTER the chicane could result in a post race penalty.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Should there also be a rule about following the full pit when joining the track from the compound? It’s possible to drive over the pit lane entry and on to the main straight - bypassing the trundle down the pit.

It’s been a while since I last did it, but I seem to remember that the server doesn’t penalise it - but it is a dangerous ‘rejoin’ in practice and Qualy.

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Should there also be a rule about following the full pit when joining the track from the compound? It’s possible to drive over the pit lane entry and on to the main straight - bypassing the trundle down the pit.

It’s been a while since I last did it, but I seem to remember that the server doesn’t penalise it - but it is a dangerous ‘rejoin’ in practice and Qualy.
I do that some times as it just saves time in training when you try different settings and go in and out a lot. We shoult definitely prohibit it in 'Qual and Race. Everyone should of course check for traffic before hitting the main straight.
my 2 cents

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
I think it should be prohibited full stop , that way there can be no misunderstandings about when its ok and not ok , its not really a problem to trundle down the pitlane , its not like we are having to walk it .

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
As said above there are only 10 pit spaces at this track.
If you are sharing pit with some one then you are also sharing a tent.
To see if you are sharing a tent with another driver, use the swingcam view (PageUp) button, then number key buttons on the Numkey pad to turn the camera view.
Make sure name tags are turned on (Tab) button.
You will need to use the +/- keys on the numpad to go through each car to see which car is next to you as you can only see one name tag at a time.

I've tried to show this on video below.
As you can see I'm sharing with Mark. I would talk to Mark and tell him I'm pitting on lap 20, and Mark would tell me, ok, I'll pit on lap 15. etc.

Best time to do this is in Warmup before the race as sometimes rFactor can move your pit locate after practice. You can get an early idea if you are sharing when Qualify starts as your spot gets locked in then.

Please keep an eye on the chat box incase someone is trying to tell you they are sharing with you.

What if you are trying to find out if you are sharing but half the cars are on track? Please use the rewind time bar and rewind back to when all the cars are in the garage tents. See the very end of the video.