• Guest - Welcome to SR4L!
    The SR4L forum and race servers are funded entirely by donations - if you can help support us, please donate here! -> here
  • Hello Guest
    Sim Racers 4 Life is CHANGING!
    Our race and forum servers are changing for financial reasons - quite simply - we are downsizing to better match demand and the level of donations. There may be some outages over the coming days/weeks but please be patient - we will be back!
    If you can't find our race servers, try searching for 'SR4L' (no quotes) in the Matchmaker - for some reason the '!' in '!SR4L' seems to confuse it. Please keep up your support!

Pitting at Historic Monaco

Lecram

Marcel Wiegers
Monaco pit rule clarification:

- Obviously, you need a 'request pit' button to make a pitstop here, unlike other tracks where you can just enter pit and the red pit spot appears automatically.

- The moment you request pit, the pitlane becomes active for your car. The pit speed limit has then to be taken in account, even if you decide not to pit while it's active.
If you don't pit, but do cross the white line accidentally and break the speed limit (by overtaking someone for example), you'll receive a penalty by the game.

- When pitting, stay right of the white line. Obviously, if there's a car in front of you, you need to pass it and cross the line. No penalty will be given. Tuck in again when you can.

- Exiting pit, stay on the right till after T1, especially when there's traffic coming.

- You must not drive at full speed down the main straight then pit. Even though the game allows this without penalty, SR4L deems this as cheating. This rule is here so a driver with their box close to pit exit gains no time advantage over a driver with their pit box close to pit entrance.

- To serve a drive through or stop and go, you have to request a pit stop. From then, the procedure is as normal. For a drive through, just drive through as you normally would and for a stop and go, you stop at your spot.

- Available pit spots at this track is 16.

Pit Entry
StartLine.JPG

Pit Exit

ExitLine.JPG

These lines are unmarked. Please remember where they are.

If you have anything to add or ask, don't hesitate to contact me or post it here.

Happy racing :)

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
Lecram said:
monspeedlimitend.png

If you have anything to add or ask, don't hesitate to contact me or post it here.

What is the name of the girl in the picture?

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
No one needs to practice pits, we all going to be in the harbor well before we need to refuel.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
No practice for me tonight i am going to see the film " Rush " , see if i can get any tips

gorgias1976

Gorka Santisteban
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
DJCruicky said:
No one needs to practice pits, we all going to be in the harbor well before we need to refuel.

I'm thinking in pitting at the end of the first lap so I have more chances of saying at least I lasted more that pitstop time.

edwin

real live is overrated....
gorgias1976 said:
]

I'm thinking in pitting at the end of the first lap so I have more chances of saying at least I lasted more that pitstop time.

I don't seem to manage to live through the first lap :'(
Can i start with my pitstop then ??? ;D

Bart S

gorgias1976 said:
DJCruicky said:

Sometimes I think ISI copied Grand Prix Movie like for like too much lol, the harbour is defo the first place to go.

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
Pitting here will be hell anyway.
Comming out of line to pass a pitting car to get to yours, makes the procedure very complicated.

I think its unrealistic too, I cannot believe they were doing zigzagging to get to their pits, they just approached their pit stop and just dug in.
Speed limit is completely non-historical too, cant we just dump these things?

gorgias1976

Gorka Santisteban
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
I agree with Nikos, in this kind of historic tracks like Montecarlo and Belgium without a pit area separated from the real track pit speed limit is more problematic than helpful.

Hedlund

League Member
I agree with Nikos. It would be better to just "dug in" to the pitcrew when we want to make our pitstop. The driver who wants to enter his pitspot should stick well to the right side as early as possible after last corner, so both drivers on track and drivers already in pit understands that this guy is about to make a pitstop, so we have no accidents. I think it's more dangerous to make the zigzagging, if there are 2 guys side by side accelerating down the main straight at the same time... it could cause quite dangerous situations :p

Lecram

Marcel Wiegers
1959nikos said:
Comming out of line to pass a pitting car to get to yours, makes the procedure very complicated.
When you drive off after your stop and there's a car in front you would have to go around it and keep as much right anyway.

1959nikos said:

It's probably not historical correct but it's safer, what's more important? By dumping, you mean pit speed limit all together, at tracks with seperate pitlane as well?
Don't think that's a good idea tbh. But we could test that for maybe next season?

Hedlund said:
The driver who wants to enter his pitspot should stick well to the right side as early as possible after last corner, so both drivers on track and drivers already in pit understands that this guy is about to make a pitstop, so we have no accidents.

To me that sounds exactly the same as the current rule except for the speed limit starting halfway straight. Except with speed limit, you know the guy in front will (try to) react according to the rules when he is about to pit.

Hedlund said:
I think it's more dangerous to make the zigzagging, if there are 2 guys side by side accelerating down the main straight at the same time... it could cause quite dangerous situations :p

Two guys accelerating side by side and the other two doing their own speed while searching for pit spot not seeing each others spot doesn't make it sound safer to me? Ofcourse I don't want you to keep zigzagging if theres a single pit spot free, would be hard to do too. Just keep in mind the line is there for a reason.

:)

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
Lecram said:
1959nikos said:
When you drive off after your stop and there's a car in front you would have to go around it and keep as much right anyway.

Ok, now here in this race we must:
1. enter a VERY narrow pit lane and keep speed limit

2. while doing that, we must look afront there is not a car between us and our pit that is further along

3. when there is a car there, we must check mirrors (while keeping speed limit ofcourse), change direction abtrubtly getting off lane, change direction abtrubtly again to go back in lane and so on. I would really like to spectate what will happen when most of the field will come for a pitstop.

4. Getting away from pitstop will be the easiest part (providing there are no cars pitting in front, so you dont have to go out of lane and come back again as many times as cars in front piting).

5. Conclusion: All above simply cannot be done Im afraid.

1959nikos said:

Lecram said:
It's probably not historical correct but it's safer, what's more important? By dumping, you mean pit speed limit all together, at tracks with seperate pitlane as well?
Don't think that's a good idea tbh. But we could test that for maybe next season?

While I cannot agree for speed limits with 60s cars (speed limits were reinforced in the 80s btw), I can stand them in modern tracks, in historic ones Im against, especially those with pitlanes on the track (Spa, Monaco).

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Never say Can't. Just practice practice practice.
Next time you do practice race, have everyone agree to do a pit. You will get used to it. Trust me.
We did it in last season.

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
DJCruicky said:
Never say Can't. Just practice practice practice.
Next time you do practice race, have everyone agree to do a pit. You will get used to it. Trust me.
We did it in last season.

Will do, practise, practise, practise :-[