Sunday League Palm Beach 1973 Porsche RSR Race Reports

Fergy

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
It was good to race, Enjoyed it.

Small turn out today,, just 14 on track. Summer kicking over there I guess but only a few races to go and hopefully we can finish strongly.

Sorry to Dan and Mel. I got myself in an bad position in the middle of you two and ended up flying across the track backwards... never a good thing. Took Dan out :( sorry for ruining your race.

Started 14th finished 7th. Well done to DJ and all the competed.

See you next round.

Edvvc

League Member
Summer League Champion!
Qualifying
I seem to take quite a different line to the rest of the top 5 but it lets me get on the power early and get a good exit. DJ and I had very different styles but almost the same laptime.

Race 1
I got a good start but DJ got a perfect start and took the lead. I followed closely until lap 4 when I got a tow in the main straight and snuck in on the inside in turn 10. DJ then almost got back on the way out and at the time I thought he was behind but on the replay I see I didn't give him room hence the tap. This corner produced a lot of battles! I hope this one was fair. It's never my intention to cause contact. After this I kept position and took the win.

Race 2
It didn't help much since DJ again got a perfect start on the outside (level with pole position) and again took the lead into turn 1. In this race I never managed to get past, but stayed close and Ratus was also close behind which led to some very exciting racing throughout the whole 20 laps. A few times I got a good run down the straight but DJ would block to the right very effectively. On lap 12 I was too close to DJ who was braking earlier on entry to turn 1 and I ran wide to avoid a collision. Upon rejoining I was 3rd with Ratus in front. On lap 16 I was a bit cheeky and broke super late into turn 10 and there was slight contact with Ratus as I overtook on the inside. The next lap I tried to take DJ at turn 10. He forced me to use the outside and I ended up too wide, almost letting Ratus by. On lap 18 I had another run on the straight, but I could see Bruce was in front of us so things were probably going to get spicy. I had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting Bruce who kindly got out of the way and somehow DJ, myself then Ratus neatly took the corner. The next lap Ratus took advantage of my slow-in approach to turn 10 and took second place. Then on the final lap the reverse happened and I took the place back!

Well done DJ for the win. A brilliant race and I thouroughly enjoyed it.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
A quiet race 4 me , i couldnt really get my head round how to drive this track so in both races i was too slow to stay with the top 3 but fortunately fast enough to hold onto 4th

J-P SImard

League Member
Small turn out today,, just 14 on track. Summer kicking over there I guess but only a few races to go and hopefully we can finish strongly.

I really would have liked to be there but these days I have really big problems with my back, it was impossible for me to drive this Sunday.

I still followed you on the live timing and I really enjoyed seeing Dj win. Congratulations!

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Thank you, sorry to hear that JPS, I was wondering where you were after your great win at Mosport. Hope it gets better.

Yes, a drop in numbers. Sunny here in England.

It was a great battle both races. I was having to keep my lines tight to try stop Ed or Ratus getting a nose down the inside of me :D. I was having to start braking earlier as tyres were giving up a bit of grip that keep Ed close. He was super good on the brakes.
Ratus is getting a bit quick, unlucky for him to loose 2nd on the last corner of the last lap.
CU in next one.

Edvvc

League Member
Summer League Champion!
Hope your back gets better JP so you can be back racing soon.

Ratus

League Member
Once again beautiful races with you guys at Palm Beach.
Had a lot of training and my laptimes could nearly keep up with our "aliens" :) .

Race 2: Nearly during all race on P3 always close to David & Ed. Was a great pleasure to follow you so close and those 20 laps where never boring. David on P4 was never far away, saw him regulary in the mirror. Some small mistake of Ed left me P2 which he managed to retake. We had some contact in the last corner where he ran a bit wide, he was faster anyway. I eventualy regot P2 but in de last corner of last lap (where was last lap ratus :) ?) Ed managed to make some pressure and i made a stupid mistake of a bad braking manouver which let him slip through. Ended Pos. 3 and altough my mistake finished with a realy good feeling thanks to this a great and close racing :D

Grats to David, Ed, all finishers and thanks to the organisation and the kind blue flagged Pilots. Never saw risky manouvers.

@J-P SImard: get well soon!

Cu at Road America

btw i twitched the race from my view if some one is interested: www.twitch.tv/videos/1040523807

Last edited: