• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Sunday League Official Spring '23 Feature League Thread - Series Details Here!

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
20230206151726_1.jpg

Vehicles: Chief Wiggum's F1 70s Style (Early and 6-wheelers)
Track Links will be provided on a round-by-round thread basis.

Please read our "Sim Racing Etiquette" post http://www.simracers4life.com/forum/index.php?threads/sim-racing-etiquette.828/
Please read our "Members Expectations" post http://www.simracers4life.com/forum/index.php?threads/member-expectations.70/

To become a member of SimRacers4Life http://www.simracers4life.com

Each EVENT will consist of one Feature Race.

Gather on Sundays (from February 19th) 17:25ish UK time

Practice: 17:25PM UK time - 120 minutes
Qualify: 19:25PM UK time - 30 minutes, unlimited laps
Warmup: 19:50PM UK time - 5 minutes (warmup will not be skipped)
Race: 20:00PM UK time - '45 minute' race (race length defined by laps based on practice times)

Server Password: Will be announced on Race Day only (see relevant Round Announcement thread).

Notes:
  • Mandatory pitstop - change all four tyres
  • 100kph pit lane speed limit
  • Cut-Track threshold set to 3.0pts before automatic penalties (Stop-Go or Drive Through) are applied.
  • Select vehicles from the 70s_Early and 70s_SIXWHEELER categories
  • Vehicle choice is FREE but for each race EVENT, you must race the car you qualify that EVENT with
  • There are *no* series restrictions on car-choice - but *PLEASE* don't all choose the Ferraris!
  • Note - Livery/Skin choice is free at all times - changing the skin/livery/car-number/etc. does not in itself constitute a change of Vehicle.
  • A minimum finishing position criteria will apply to all points scored. Drivers must complete '10% rounded up' of full race distance - details in each event announcement.
  • Drivers may enter the League at any point in the season
Points System
  • All Rounds Count Towards League

1st place: 50 points
2nd place: 40 points
3rd place: 35 points
4th place: 30 points
5th place: 25 points
6th place: 20 points
7th place: 14 points
8th place: 13 points
9th place: 12 points
10th place: 11 points
11th place: 10 points
12th place: 9 points
13th place: 8 points
14th place: 7 points
15th place: 6 points
16th place: 5 points
17th place: 4 points
18th place: 3 points
19th place: 2 points
20th place: 1 point

Teams

Drivers wishing to form teams should try and keep balance in mind.
Remembering it's fun to get something out of the seasons and the more people involved throughout the grid makes a huge difference.

Provisional Schedule

• Round 1: Sun 19th February - Watkins Glen NC
  • Round 2: Sun 26th February - Assen TT
  • Round 3: Sun 5th March - Kyalami Legends Spielberg NC
  • Round 4: Sun 12th March - Rouen 55-70
  • Round 5: Sun 19th March - SR4L Spielberg NC Kyalami Legends
  • Round 6: Sun 26th March - Sandvoerde (or Zandvoort - TBC)
  • Round 7: Sun 2nd April - Brands Hatch GP
  • Round 8: Sun 16th April - SR4L Spa '66 League Edition

All details subject to change etc. at the organisers’ discretion.

20230206153456_1.jpg
20230206152027_1.jpg
20230120194655_1.jpg
20230206170048_1.jpg

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
after years I'm assembling a new pc finally, and I think i could return an active driver

P.S. about kyalami … in next weeks (or maybe months) there could be a surprise :)
We’ll see
If Kyalami does show signs of being imminent, we can always rearrange the order… I’ll need to dig out @DJCruicky ’s requested collision changes and update my/our version of Spielberg too…

Mauro

GPL Lover
Staff member
Modding team
Trollray here some of his works confirmed me that kyalami historic refresh (latest rf2 technology, full pbr, ect….) will be ready for march

and maybe he would like to partecipate to the sr4l event, if it is possible :)

Last edited:

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Trollray here some of his works confirmed me that kyalami historic refresh (latest rf2 technology, full pbr, ect….) will be ready for march

and maybe he would like to partecipate to the sr4l event, if it is possible :)
I think we’d be quite keen and honoured to give it an outing - it’s been a good track to us over the years.

We can easily swap Spielberg and Kyalami as they’re both fast, sweeping tracks which will instantly buy some time. Spielberg should be adequately tested by the Fun race on Wed 22nd.

Could push Kyalami further back in the schedule if necessary but we’d probably need/want to juggle the order a bit more to keep variety in the track type from week to week (don’t really want two ‘sweepers’ back to back.)

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Tyres must be changed, but it's up to you what you want to do with fuel.
With this car fuelling is disabled, but there is a way around it.
When on the grid, bring up the pit menu, set your fuel for your next stop with the cursor keys.
This is a bit of a loophole that you can do this for a car that you're supposed to not fuel with, but there you go, this is rfactor.

• There are *no* series restrictions on car-choice - but *PLEASE* don't all choose the Ferraris!
Ok, I will try not pick the Ferrari. No idea what car I will pick, I was slow in them all :D.

Dan Bayford

League Member
Just to clarify are we all starting with a full race tank of fuel or taking on fuel at tyre pit stop as it will make a massive difference to speed

Dan Bayford

League Member
Yeah I saw your post i was just worried about the words loop hole if it was allowed in our league

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Yeah I saw your post i was just worried about the words loop hole if it was allowed in our league
It’s a workaround, not a loophole! Back then, they were probably still doing all kinds of imaginative things (wasn’t this the era of lead engine covers that were swapped in just before weigh ins and dodges like that?)

Mauro

GPL Lover
Staff member
Modding team
after years I'm assembling a new pc finally, and I think i could return an active driver

i lost 2 weeks for random freeze with new system in idle
I went crazy to find the cause!

i tried everything. disassembled and reassembled, changed ssd, ram, power supply and finally the motherboard (stay away from Asus Prime B760-Plus D4 motherboard!)

.... now the pc has been on from 7 hours :)
I still have to activate xmp and optimize ram, but I'm starting to see the light

now my configuration is:

i5 13500
Gigabyte B760 GAMING X DDR4 1.0
Pa120 se + contact frame
Rtx 3070
Renegade ddr4 3600 2x16gb
Crucial P5 Plus 1TB
Enermax Revolution D.F. 650W
Cg560

and i can play on my old FHD with all settings to max with 200+ fps with 20 AI cars

Last edited:

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
New version of the car now lets you set your fuel strategy for your fuel stop. No longer do you need to do what I said on post 6. Nice :cool:.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Some thing special for the last round, we will be racing at the track
Belgium Spa Historic 66 (League Friendly Version)

As some of you may, or not know, I updated the track last year, fixing many things to the orginal ISI version.
I even gave it a graphic update too. You can read the full change log here.

Good news. . . . .
This past month I've been working on it again making it better still.
Some highlights of the new update:

- New layouts, called 'Hotlap'. This puts your garage spot at La Source, you don't have to do a full warmup lap of the track to start the timer in practice and qualify. It starts when you cross the start finish line.
20230331153249_1.jpg

- In my last version I took out the Hay bales. From the comments in steam workshop, that was not a popular thing to do.
So for this version they are back, however, I have made them fixed in place, non movable. They will still not scatter onto the track but. Added a more friendly 1 way collision mesh around them to try help cars not get snagged up on them. I've left a few that are still movable to keep you on your toes.
20230330011101_1.jpg
- More Lod changes.
- Made smaller the huge red arrow sign at Malmedy corner. It was too big.
- The first house on the left after Masta, I changed the width and height of it to match the real life one.
20230330010702_1.jpg
- The corner worker Marshall that waves the flags at top of Eau Rouge/Raidillon has been moved to a better place. You can now see them more easily going up the hill.
- Fixed transparent 3d trees.
- Fixed a few ruff looking ends to tree lines.
- New water Shader for the river
20230329024316_1.jpg
- Made a few more AI tweaks
- More albedo/saturation tuning and colour balancing.

I've not released this update to my Steam workshop page yet. But going to let you guys be first to try it.
It's up now on our server now. Give it a try. We will be using it for both Wednesday and Sunday league races.

For Wednesday, we will use the Hotlap layout, because of the short 10 min qualify. This way you can get lots of laps in.
Sunday we will use the Normal layout.

Please give me any feed back, and report any bugs. It will be updated to Steam eventually if you found no bugs.

Have fun.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Wednesday race length TBC. Should be 3 laps for the 10 min slots but maybe 4 (12-13min race?) would work… Tricky track though (Masta *can* be taken flat with care ;) ) - be prepared to adjust fuel on the day.

Sunday (not this week!) should be 13 laps by the usual formula but as the lap time is much longer than normal, the pit stop isn’t so significant. Season-ender so expect 14 laps for now.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Take care on Wednesday qualifying - if you are doing a standard start and impede a flying lap in any way, you will be penalised. Make sure you either have a head tracker or a look-right button mapped.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
The six wheeler is a bit of a strange one , all the other ford engined cars top out around 305 yet this car using the same Ford DFV can almost hit 321 , the most powerfull none ford is the Ferrari which tops out around 312 , i think the modeler maybe got his power figures wrong for this one , the pickup and top end seem way too fast and rear grip is phenominal in comparison to the other cars