• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

My new ride -- first with more than 2 wheels!

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
As many of you know, although I was a motorsport journalist for about two decades and love car racing and sim racing, in real life I've never driven a car. I've always been on two wheels.

Well, now I've added a third wheel. Still have handlebars though!

100_3149s.png
100_3151s.png

All electric. I've had it up to 82 mph though its official top speed is only 75. Had it out in the snow for the first time yesterday. Much nicer driving this in snow than the motorcycle!

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Wow, nice :).
What's it called?
No, I never knew anything about you being a motorsport journalist for two decades.

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Wow, nice :).
What's it called?
No, I never knew anything about you being a motorsport journalist for two decades.
It's called an FUV (Fun Utility Vehicle) made by Arcimoto, a company in Oregon that's unfortunately struggling financially at the moment but is increasing sales continually. Here's a somewhat quirky first-time use by a British EV enthusiast.

And yes, I wrote for a county newspaper for 18 years, covering all sorts of stuff like Figure 8 dirt-track racing at the local short track, Flat-Track Motorcycles (including the prestigious the San Jose Mile), World Superbikes, GP500 (now MotoGP), IndyCar/ChampCar, FIA World GT, IMSA, NASCAR West (anything that races at Laguna Seca basically)... you name it. Met and spoke to folks like Dan Gurney, Mario Andretti, Alex Zanardi, Ivan Stewart, Ricky Graham (you may need to look up that one), Freddie Spencer, Ben Bostrom, et al.

Last edited:

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
very cool history

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Nice video. Was the single rear wheel giving good grip around them hilly icy roads?

Dan Bayford

League Member
Sorry Ron I had already pressed exit when I saw your message im sure the ferrari just has that much more power especially when the cars heavy with fuel