• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Sunday League Mosport 1973 Porsche RSR Race Reports

giorgetto giaguaro

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
It was another great racing night in a lovelly track with a perfect grid of 20 drivers!

I have to apologize with Txus for the (for him) penalizating contact at the entry of the Moss bends in race 1, we was having a really close peace. At the end I managed to finish in P10!

Race two went clean from the star to the end. I get passed by Dan Bayford and managed to finish in P11 wich is a very good position that gives me some good points!

I really hope that we'll add other rounds\tracks to this wonderful season!

See you in Palm Beach guys! :cool:

Last edited:

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
some interesting turns in this track that take quite some practice to master. The RSR was a pleasure to drive here too.

Could not get to PB in Q but not far off resulting in P7 starting position for race one. Things wee rather unevenetful apart from two events. The first one was when Ron shot passed me before Qebec Corner indicating that he mus be very wide if not off track. I therefore went for the inside trying to keep it clean but did not fully succeed in that and kissed Ron as i might have hit the Gas too early and a bit wider than planned myself. Sorry for that. The second event was when JP spun out and I could pass a few cars that I ususually only seee from behind. Finished P5 - nice.

Race two, same corner, same drivers involved but switched roles, got kissed from Ron (it must be love) and lost it. Recoverd in P7 and could keep that to the finish.

Looking forward to the next race!
Cheers
Tobias

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
I was a bit handicapped for this event. 2 days ago my 24 inch monitor died. It flashed on,off,on,off,on,off then went pop :eek:. Smell of smoke. I've had to set up a diddy small 18inch 720p TV for my race lol.

Ed, JPS and I were very close in qualify, but somehow I managed to pull out a bit extra speed to get it on poll at the very end :D.

Race 1
Lead the whole race with JPS and Ed on my tail. JPS almost had me at one point but I just managed to keep him behind. Few laps later he spins and gets hit by Ed and Coyne while he was sideways blocking the track.

Race 2
Again, lead for most of race with JPS and ED on my tail. My car was great first half of the race, but started to lose a bit of grip 2nd half that made it easy for JPS to keep the pressure on. I had to defend by moving my car to the right driving down the back straight to make it hard for him to overtake. This only worked so many times as this is where he finally got passed me on the very last lap (you lucky devil JPS).
Finished 2nd, very good, but so close to my first win, maybe next time :).
Coyne looked very fast, he has lost no speed after his holiday, think he could have won it if he had have had a good starting position for race 2.
CU next time.

Last edited:

J-P SImard

League Member
Bravo Dj for your pole and the others too, it was super tight until 10th place.

Race 1 everything was going well, I kept my 2nd place behind Dj until I made a beginner's mistake by arriving too quickly in the last corner. I spun and unfortunately got Ed and Dave involved in this, sorry guys.

Second race I had as usual an ordinary start but Ratus even more which gave me a good position just behind Dj and Ed both claiming victory. Around the 10th lap maybe the tires deteriorated, it slowed down a bit ahead and I was able to pass Ed and put pressure on Dj. He was defending his position very well and we got hot sometimes at the end of the straight at full speed, it was racing the way I like it.

Finally on the last lap at the end of the straight he gave me a little more space than usual and I was able to squeeze in to take the lead, but it was really tight. It was a great race and Dj would have deserved the victory just as much.

Well done everyone.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Fantastic racing at Mosport , love these cars they make for tight exciting racing .

Race 1

Got a good start and dropped in behind ED , found I could stay with the top 3 who were racing hard and close , my thoughts were to stay near and try and punish mistakes , sadly for me when the mistake came I was too close and got tagged and spun into the wall , got going again down in 7th place but whatever damage I had robbed the car of speed so finished 7th .

\Race 2

My start was good but Tobias in front didnt move , could see Ron moving out so had to brake and hold position or we would have tangled , chased after Tobias for a lap or so to get some heat into the tyres before I started making a nuisance of myself , I could see he was fighting with his backend so an opportunity was going to come, this happened at turn 2 when hhe went wide and I slipped inside him , chased after Ron and passed him when he went wide exiting the last turn , Ratus was a few sseconds up the road so started doing qually laps to reel him in , I then had a very long and enjoyable dice with him for around 10 laps , I could see I was faster but not fast enough to pull a safe pass anywhere , I threw a couple of feints at him at the end of the main striaght and generally tried to upset his concentration , gradually the pressure started to pay off as he was locking up more and more , eventually he outbraked himself going into Moss and I managed to pass him , stated to reel in the top 3 but ran out of laps before I could be a concern to them , Great race .

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Lacked a little something in qualifying that I couldn't figure out, putting me P9. Start of race 1, I misjudged how much quicker I'd be off the line and I smashed into the back of Tobias ahead of me, damaging my nose a bit and staying P9. Worked through the field slowly thanks to some overtakes and some spins. Two laps to go, Tobias had an issue and I got by on the inside for P5 and he attempted to do a cut-back so I stayed wide but he came wider and knocked me into the grass and a spin, all the way back to P8. Darn it!

Race 2, I was back into P5 at the first corner, so that was better. Pretty lonely race from there though, with only Dave Coyne getting past me; knowing his pace I knew it wasn't worth fighting it too hard. I could sometimes gain on the lead pack which I could see about four or five seconds up the road but on average I was just a little slower, so stayed that distance behind them, and about four seconds ahead of Tobias until he must have had his spin (if there was contact, it wasn't me as I was way up the road!) and his interval dropped suddenly to eight seconds and grew from there. So it was a rather lonely race, other than seeing the top five cars going through Moss corner as I approached it. Yet another solid P6.

If there's a race next Sunday, I will miss it, as I'll be watching the 105th running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. Other races I'm OK to watch on DVR later, but this one is too important not to watch live if possible!

Edvvc

League Member
Summer League Champion!
Qualifying: I never got a high degree of confidence here and managed 3rd on the grid. Maybe where I've been going with my setup doesn't lend itself to these long sweeping bends. The setup I used turned in well but the backend wasn't as predictable as I was used to. Moss corner has always been difficult for me - a bit of a fight to get the car slowed down leaving little chance to get in the right track position to get that crucial exit onto the straight.

Race 1: Got a good start but JP managed to get past on the first lap, then it was fairly uneventful in 3rd until towards the end JP spun in front and I couldn't avoid. Ratus got past and I finished 3rd.

Race 2: I managed to get into 2nd at the start and held it for a few laps, but JP got past on lap 8. After that there was superb close racing with DJ, JP then myself but the order didn't change until JP's move on the last lap. I finished 3rd.

A very challenging track for me but huge fun and great to be having close racing.

Ratus

League Member
Again a great race event with you guys.
Race 2: With P2 starting Position i tried to get away good but as usally not a good start. Tried to hold the pace of the leading group wich i managed at the begining well.
Dave Coyne starting making more and more pressure behind me and was surely faster. After some laps he managed to pass fairly. Other than that no big highlights or fights.
Expected a better finish position cause i realy felt well on this fun track but i am satisfied with P5. Gratulations to J-P all finishers, specially our newcomers. Thanks to the organisation.

Cu on track at Palm Beach ;)