• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

LACORSA

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Just got a copy of this in the mail yesterday. So far my wife and I are five races into a seven-race season, each of us operating two cars. We each have a driver tied for the championship lead. My team is 12 points ahead in the Constructors' because her other car has finished last every race. Very simple rules but the strategy makes it compelling.

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
Whats it like in VR :cool:

The cars look different in VR!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0232/6611/products/IMG_7548_900x.jpg

We finished our first championship. In the penultimate race, my wife's lead driver won and mine was third. In the final race, her lead driver had pole but through strategy I was able to get the lead late in the race and on the final lap my #2 driver took second, resulting in a total tie for the driver's championship with three wins, two seconds and two thirds each. Constructor's title went to my team as her #2 driver, try as she might, ended up last in every race -- despite running second for most of the final race!

So we decided to have a head-to-head two-car race but using a four-car deck (still only dealing 13 cards per car, so it was unclear what the other player had). My driver had no 12s, no Redlines (+2s), mostly medium cards but a lot of Drafting Extends, so I had him start behind, and played medium-to-lower cards in random order to keep her guessing. I used the Drafting Extends to keep behind her and then she ran out of Extends. I had saved an 11 -- the highest card I had -- for late in the race as well as a regular Extend, and was able to pass and Extend. She had no Extends or Drafting Extends so that was the race and the driver's championship!

Last edited: