• Guest - Welcome to SR4L!
    The SR4L forum and race servers are funded entirely by donations - if you can help support us, please donate here! -> here
  • Hello Guest
    Sim Racers 4 Life is CHANGING!
    Our race and forum servers are changing for financial reasons - quite simply - we are downsizing to better match demand and the level of donations. There may be some outages over the coming days/weeks but please be patient - we will be back!
    If you can't find our race servers, try searching for 'SR4L' (no quotes) in the Matchmaker - for some reason the '!' in '!SR4L' seems to confuse it. Please keep up your support!

Kicked from Wednesday server? Which beta version were you running?

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
We had a number of issues early in the evening with multiple users being kicked from the server on session changes. Bizarrely, it did more or less sort itself out after a few races.

If you were kicked out at any point, can you please check and report your Beta selection here.

I’ll start - I was on Beta = None…

Dan Bayford

League Member
Betas none 1 of the times everyone got kicked except me but then I got kicked next session

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Were you all having the same problem that I've had for 12 months getting booted at end of session?

Maybe not related but there was a rf2 update last Monday.
rFactor 2 Hotfix Update

Steam Build IDs
Client: 8949292
Dedicated: 8949300

-Fixed a crash when adjusting number of emitters in session
-Fixed ambient sounds not playing in ModDev
-Fixed spark performance in multiplayer
-Fixed low performance during real road sync
-Updated network settings for modern connections
-Changed downshift protection to stop H-Shifter exploits(You can now only shift +/- one gear from the one you're in) Only for cars with shift protection
-Added a slider to adjust inside/outside sound balance on legacy cars
-Added updated Ferrari and McLaren logos to UI

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Were you all having the same problem that I've had for 12 months getting booted at end of session?

Maybe not related but there was a rf2 update last Monday.
It was a bit random. First race, a good half of us were booted on a session change. From memory, a couple got booted next time around amd then it largely settled down - but Tim (I think) was a solo failure mid way through the night.

In theory, my client shouldn’t have updated (unless it also applied to betas = none) and the server ditto.