• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Fly the SR4L Flag

I'm having issues with it showing my name right in tab view. It shows like this T [SR4L] or T Poehlman [SR depending on how I set it up. Seems my last name is too long...HELP lol....

Fergy

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
It works for me with both your name and Nikos name.

Write your full name and make sure you have a space at the end. Save the file. Right click on the file, go to Properties and tick the Read Only box.

If it's still a problem I'm make a file for you to add, lets see if that does the trick.

srladskjf.png

ssefd.png

Fergy

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
Forget what I just said, offline it fits online it does not.

You'll need to have no space after your last name. With the exception of the Fergy your file should look like this:

nikoen.png

Yes the name works in the drivers screen but when in car and viewing "tab" name it does not fit. Part of the tag in missing...So it says T Poehlman [s

I'll try again :)

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
Fergy said:
Close the file, right click on it and go to Properties and tick the box Read Only.

That did the trick for me, try it Thomas, before I made file read only, I was getting the same results like you.

Fergy

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
Delete the current file and replace it with this one Thomas.

Attachments

• rFactor.name
    40 bytes · Views: 5
Thanks Fellas. Maybe I'm not being clear. In the main Lobby it all works well but in game the tag in tab view looks like this:
Bryan.jpg

It may be a numeric limit or the way it reads it. I put a space before the first line then ThomP[SR4L] and it works .....but I cannot get Thomas Poehlman to show the tag...( IN GAME)

Thats aLL

Fergy

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
If you've already downloaded the file, download it again T. I added one to many n's in your surname.

Well I realized after Jordan reminded me that we are not required to run with tab on. That's from my old Nascar days where it was mandatory. Duh..I'm still going to run with the ThomP[SR4L] for some videos :)

edwin

real live is overrated....
Today i've got a TS TS TS comment on not wearing the SR4L flag :-[

So once more i tried to fix it and guess what.....it worked out well

I hope you're not angry with me anymore papaNikos bcause i proudly wear the tag now ;D

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
A distinguised member here complained, we, SR4L, dont advertise much at ISI forums.

Please add www.simracers4life.com at your signature as I do at your ISI forum posts guys, its the best advertisement there is ;)

gorgias1976

Gorka Santisteban
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
1959nikos said:
A distinguised member here complained, we, SR4L, dont advertise much at ISI forums.

Please add www.simracers4life.com at your signature as I do at your ISI forum posts guys, its the best advertisement there is ;)
I agree with the "distinguised member".

I haven't been much into the ISI forums this couple of months but when we raced the F3 and F2 leagues we always posted a week before the race a post with the same information we posted here about the event (that's how probably most of us came to know our great SR4L community).

As our website grew more important and as the F1 league began events here are being posted really late into the very week of the race and no related information is being posted at ISI forums.

I just think event posts should be announced the week of the race on monday or tuesday as latest and on the same time have it posted at the ISI forum so people outside SR4L could have time to think about joining in for the race.

I wouldn't mind helping on that (posting on ISI forums and keeping those post alive with feeback).

Navigator

If I may add my 2 cents; "back in the day" ;) with the F2 and F3, there were fun events regularly and those too were put on the ISI forum.
A lot of new guys came in through that site or just found us in the server; they drove with us and stuck.

I see no "in between events" anymore, is that right? Isn't it a nice "advertisement"?

Lecram

Marcel Wiegers
Nice idea Niko :)

gorgias1976 said:
I just think event posts should be announced the week of the race on monday or tuesday as latest and on the same time have it posted at the ISI forum so people outside SR4L could have time to think about joining in for the race.

I wouldn't mind helping on that (posting on ISI forums and keeping those post alive with feedback).

I think you are right and my bad about the IsI forums. From next race on, I'll post announcements over at IsI again, you guys bump em on top if you will ;)

About announcement timing, I think you are right again and as early in the week as possible is my goal. You know there have been some troubles with tracks lately, requiring Dj-patches and those need testing too which takes time. I'm also depending on Giorgio providing me the header and last but not least, Bryan and Paul both being very busy slows us down. We are cooperating here, which I think really is cool but due to other things in life, things may take some time.

Navigator said:
If I may add my 2 cents; "back in the day" ;) with the F2 and F3, there were fun events regularly and those too were put on the ISI forum.
A lot of new guys came in through that site or just found us in the server; they drove with us and stuck.

I see no "in between events" anymore, is that right? Isn't it a nice "advertisement"?

True, true. I still have one special event in my mind which I'm not going to tell you about :p because some testing required but I think it could be fun. We had the Targa event which was fun too but we should do this more regularly. I know you did in the past but just flood me with ideas and maybe we can try out this coming new build with a fun race the weekend after this weekend. :)

Navigator

Lecram said:
just flood me with ideas

Okay, I will. :) As maybe promotional events (or just fun) how about:

A one lap shootout; set one lap races on a short track and set up a schedule. You drive David, who wins, goes to the next round. Sort of ROC idea. Maybe with different cars.

Long races seem to do nicely; lot's of people seem to notice. 6-12-24 hour races......

A race where you can take just not enough fuel........you can finish, but not flat-out all the way. Might need a bit longer race, say 1 hour.
But some laps, you have to drive fuel efficient. Sounds weird maybe, but F1 has got to do that this year and Indycars just do that every race (but than not in order to finish).

Might have some more, can't think of them right now.

Hedlund

League Member
For fun events... I'm still waiting for a 1 hour Le Mans race with x24 time acceleration

Or a 2 hour race with x12 acceleration and driver swaps (super fun). Actually night racing looks awesome with new automation hdr profile... but I noticed big fps drop when racing AI's at night. Maybe the headlights? Dunno.

;)

Btw, regarding announcements and promotion... not everything has to be done by you Marcel, especially if you don't have time :) Anyone here could create those announcement threads... And I can do header sometimes if Giorgio don't have time etc...

I'll help you to bump the isiforums announcement threads ;)