• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

F1 Legends - Round 13 - Zolder 79

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Myles, I couldn't recover a working rF2 in time to race. After a re-install everything worked except one of my original stumbling blocks, that is, I couldnt join the server despite ensuring I had the proper track version. But no biggie. I would tho enjoy watching the race. Can you make the server version available?

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
You can have mine if you like

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Thanks DJ. File downloaded fine. But game wont display a replay list though Replay folder (both old and new rF2 locations) has hundreds. Just one more thing to troubleshoot... tomorrow. Ah the joy of being retired! :rolleyes:

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
You have this?
1651179910746.png

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Rick what can you actually see
only see 1651179910746.png

It's not a png picture or a ink. Doesn't matter though I got the no-replay thing worked out.

But here's a new twist. I ignored no-replay and tried to race. Got same ole freeze screen at track load! :eek: Then saw that /Bin/Cache/bundle33 was quarantined! (Wasn't set as exception) I deleted all of /Bin/ which includes /Bundles/ and /Cache/ folders and did re-validate to rebuild all that. (With Avara off) All downloads and validation succeeded and got PLAY button. But no fix. Repeated and fiddled a bunch but no-go. Then explored the rebuilt file structure and see that bundle33 is still not present! The validation process simply missed this and didn't download! Yet it validated! I restored bundle33 out of quarantine and now tracks load and replays are present! So now I have set all of the /Bin/ folder as exception.

BUT!!! I still can't join SR4L server. This time at the new track.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
only see 1651179910746.png

It's not a png picture or a ink. Doesn't matter though I got the no-replay thing worked out.

But here's a new twist. I ignored no-replay and tried to race. Got same ole freeze screen at track load! :eek: Then saw that /Bin/Cache/bundle33 was quarantined! (Wasn't set as exception) I deleted all of /Bin/ which includes /Bundles/ and /Cache/ folders and did re-validate to rebuild all that. (With Avara off) All downloads and validation succeeded and got PLAY button. But no fix. Repeated and fiddled a bunch but no-go. Then explored the rebuilt file structure and see that bundle33 is still not present! The validation process simply missed this and didn't download! Yet it validated! I restored bundle33 out of quarantine and now tracks load and replays are present! So now I have set all of the /Bin/ folder as exception.

BUT!!! I still can't join SR4L server. This time at the new track.
Can you join the Wednesday night server?

Ricknau

Rick Nauman
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
1.33 ver of car was not installed. Is now. Can join

Will check the Beagle... same deal. Installed 1.06, uninstall other. all good now

I checked this issue before Sunday but somehow it did not fix it. :rolleyes: But who knows, I obviously missed something.

Can we redo Zolder race? :D

added note to DJ-
My avira is different from yours. I see you can choose how long for real-time protection to stay off. I have no options. The switch is on or off. But when turned "off" the screen says protection mode is in "snooze". That's how I got hosed later when I thought I was safe. Never looked that closely after deactivating it. No where in setting can I adjust the time. So now having /Bin/ folder as exception should keep me safe

Last edited:

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
It’s worth pointing out / reminding people that the delays some people get when the session rolls forward can be due to AV spotting the creation of replay files (and possibly logs) and not handing back control to rf2 until they’ve been checked. I can’t recall how broad my exceptions list is, but adding the replay/logs folders transformed my rf2 client experience a while back…

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Thanks for the tip, I now have my whole Userdata folder excluded. I also added the Steam workshop folder too.

Rick, the screen shot was just checking you were on the same build as us. (None in Beta).