• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Driver and helmet templates?

Hedlund

League Member
Hi all :) I'm working on my skin for EVE F1...

I've seen many of you have custom painted driver + helmets. How? I can only find the 2013 driver template :eek:

Thanks in advance

gorgias1976

Gorka Santisteban
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
Look for the Modern Helmet template at rfactor downloads. This very helmet will be of use for the 60's drivers

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
The below templates are for all history cars, apart from BT20 Brabham, see page two for Brabham.
dqhoxh.jpg

2hgcq6t.png

34pm1dy.png

kaic5f.png

2lwavf4.png

Edit them any way you like. Top left is the edging of helmet. Top right is inside helmet. Bottom right is neck strap.
Save them in Photoshop as a DDS file. No alpha needed, DXT1 RGB 4bpp. Generate MIP =yes.

File name example:
Code:
NAME1alt.dds
NAME1altHelmet.dds

No more than 7 letters (10 if you count the alt)

Helmets are NOT viewable to anyone else online unless you put both files into a MAS file (a bit like a zip file).
Use mas2.exe program from \rFactor2\Support\Tools.
Drag both files to the open MAS2 window.
Save using same file name as skin. In this example NAME1alt.MAS

If you update skin in future don't use same name as old one, if not, everyone on server will still only see your old skin. Call it NAME2alt or something.

Driver suit? Not done one yet but 1st place to look would be the \rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\ISI_Eve_Vehicle\1.48\ folder.

DJC

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
OK done for you:-
i7il.png

Save it with the above instructions, with file name NAMEaltDriver.dds

The image is 2024x2024, do consider reducing size to something like 1024x1024 to save memory. 2024x2024 is a bit overkill. 2024 is the same res as the car even :eek:.
Don't be tempted to change driver face, as it does not appear in game :(. I did try :D.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
If that's my face, then that is very nice of ISI to put it in their 60s mod.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
I forgot to say they also work on the G4 and G6 cars too.

Hedlund

League Member
Thank you very much DJC :D so driver goes into the MAS file too with skin and helmet I guess?

But one thing I can't understand... Why the MAS file, and where do I put the MAS file? :p Where I usually put my skins?

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Even though the Brabham BT20 helmet looks the same in game to the other 60s mods the template is very different.
You make and save them the same as my post above, but the BT20 template looks like below. It was a lot of trial and error getting everything to line up. Normaly if there is no template I would just open up the velicle main mas file and get the DDS from that but with the BT20 they locked it.

3beee117-f86e-472b-ac47-064689fa8a1e.jpg

c1db9601-d180-4069-8831-1f77a61a0068.jpg

It's a bit ruff but should help.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ng3d3pxj3mwylql/60s_HELMET-bt20c.psd

DJC

Hedlund

League Member
Here's another 'template' from the "Driver/Helmet templates" thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/13771-Helmet-Driver-templates?p=205087&viewfull=1#post205087

Hill helmet by Senna12 ;D

attachment.php