• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Custom skins showing white online - which files to package?

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
My latest Mr Fox skin for the GT3 Bentley works fine offline etc. with the correct (I believe) Region file behaviour etc. and no bleed-through of the original livery of the car I used to Create the new driver/car from...

...but it was reported as showing the old pearly-white by other drivers in the fun race last night (so was Onay’s livery for me...)

I understand that one workaround is to package the key files into a .MAS file that the server will handle better - but can’t find a clear indication of which files I need to include....

Is it, for instance, just the livery.DDS and region.DDS files - or do I also need the windows.DDS files even though I don’t customise them for my skins?

Can anyone help?

Keeper

Ron O'Dell
League Member
You need the json file that explains what the _region file does. With the new system I always pack my files into a .mas and create my own team (so that my number shows correctly on broadcast overlays). I could perhaps send you one of my recent cars so you can see how it all came together. I don't have the GT3 pack but have done the new shader with region for a recent series in another league with the 1976 McLaren which you could look at.