• Guest - Welcome to SR4L!
    The SR4L forum and race servers are funded entirely by donations - if you can help support us, please donate here! -> here
  • Hello Guest
    Sim Racers 4 Life is CHANGING!
    Our race and forum servers are changing for financial reasons - quite simply - we are downsizing to better match demand and the level of donations. There may be some outages over the coming days/weeks but please be patient - we will be back!
    If you can't find our race servers, try searching for 'SR4L' (no quotes) in the Matchmaker - for some reason the '!' in '!SR4L' seems to confuse it. Please keep up your support!

Curved stripes

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
How do you do curved stripes on skins guys?

Hedlund said:

Like the ones at Riks Brabham nose?
With which tool?

All I could think of was to draw it in Autocad and save the drawing as BMP.
The result was very fuzzy so I used the Blur Tool to smooth it down.
Not a crisp solution at all.

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
should get painted when you paint the main stripe or do you mean a separate color on nose the center stripe?

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
BrabhamBT20_zps62f5490a.jpg

Rik has gone a step further too, he has painted a parallel stripe to that curve.

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
You mean the Stroke box at Blending options. Cool.
How do you control the colour of the stroke?
Or the thickness?

btw I dont think this can make parallel stripes.

Hedlund

League Member
Usually I create all shapes and lines and stuff with the polygonal tool, but this one (the curved stripes) is the default stripes. You have a gold and a red one in the default template I think.

I simply used that one and then used "stroke", thickness ~15 and used same colour as car, then I flattened the layer and used stroke again but this time thickness ~8 and the same colour as the stripes.

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
Hedlund said:
I simply used that one and then used "stroke", thickness ~15 and used same colour as car, then I flattened the layer and used stroke again but this time thickness ~8 and the same colour as the stripes.

Sounds good, Ill work this way.