• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Cleaning the pedal pots (spikes detected)

gorgias1976

Gorka Santisteban
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
Beware of the size of the images (check the attachments below)

At the Nordschleife race I notice my car wanted to move while at the grid while I was with the clutch pedal fully pressed.

Later I check the control settings at rFactor2 and I realised my clutch pedal control was "spiking" when fully pressed, moving from max to about an 80 percent randomly.
It was time to clean the pots from the pedal set, the second time I've had to do this since I purchased the G27 in 2011.

Here are the steps needed:

Step 1. Removing the panels from the pedals using an Allen wrench. Remember well the position of the panels as they can be attached at three different positions (left, middle, right).

index.php

Step 2. Unscrewing all the silver screws (not the black ones). to remove the black plastic cover.

index.php

Step 3. Using a brush remove all the dust (and hairs :-X ) that can be found inside the pedals (notice I had already taped the pots from the previous time I cleaned them to prevent dust entering inside them, but it seems it was not enough to prevent them from failing).

index.php

Step 4. Spraying pot/contact cleaner through the little hole on the side of the pot metal cover.

index.php

Step 5. Putting everything back in place, and checking on rFactor2 that spikes are gone (which actually were).

Enjoy. ;)

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 27
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 27
  • step3.jpg
    step3.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 27
  • step4.jpg