• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Chatting in Race.

Fergy

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
Admin fully understand people getting annoyed when things go wrong in a race and wanting to express themselves. Please understand Members put a lot of time and effort into events and respecting the No chat rule is important to SR4L.

No chat in official Qualifying and Races includes:

General chat.
Apologies. For example Sorry, Np, thanks and so on.This can be done after the session.
Voting. of any kind once official sessions have started, including Practice session 1.

Failing to follow the rule may result in the following penalty.

Qualifying: moved to last place on the grid.
Race: 30 seconds added to your final result.

Admins decision will be final. Driver will be notified after the results are final on the League site.

Fergy

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Race Director
League Member
*This rule has been updated. Please be sure to read it. If you have any questions please PM me.

vittorio

Lecram said:
So I was in breach as well. (think I said srry once) Good this is clear now, thanks Bryan. :)

Same here, a misspelled "sr" for sorry came out of my keyboard. I felt bad after hitting return because of chatting (and i would have felt bad without saying sorry). It's good to have clear rules for this.

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
ThomP said:
I've been so use to using teamspeak over the years I never thought about how chat can be distracting. We seldom used it. I am aware now :)

Ive never used teamspeak.
My sim room is open to all house, so I don't dare, its so disturbing to the family.
I wish I could though.
(maybe ear plug them?)

Yes a must to use headphones with good mic. I could see teammates using it.

We had strict rules for use but that was Nascar where you had to call your own yellow flag because they could never get the flag rules to work right. We would also call out players name and say inside/outside or hang on lol. at 200 mph when passing or drafting. :)

I can fully understand why it would not work for this type racing, but like I said teammates may find it handy.

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
ThomP said:
Yes a must to use headphones with good mic.

hmm, I always use headphones, my loud voice is the big problem.

Interestingly, I believe my hearing has gone down considerably (that's why Im shouting), just because of heavy usage of headphones so many years.
(blame rock music too)

Paul Swire

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
League Member
After tonight's event can I remind you all of this rule, I don't want to start adding penalties but if the chat continues we will have no choice.

The other option is set the server to ban chat at race events.

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
Paul_Swire said:
After tonight's event can I remind you all of this rule, I don't want to start adding penalties but if the chat continues we will have no choice.

The other option is set the server to ban chat at race events.

As Paul says.

There is another way to communicate at race without bothering others, see this http://www.simracers4life.com/index.php?topic=1402.0

Hedlund

League Member
People don't seem to understand that they have to scroll through the standings to see all names and who's still on track (name highlighted in green are still driving).

And in first race someone shouted after a crash in T1. Made me look at the chat to see if someone proposed a race restart or something (because chatting during race is quite unusual in this league after all..). Made me loose my concentration for a second.

Hedlund

League Member
Guys, in the endurance race I participated in with SimHQ, I was not able to chat during race. I tried to chat after everyone had finished but it never showed in chat, so I think it was disabled somehow. Then we could chat like usual when session restarted. So chatting was disabled only for Race sessions. This setting should be very interesting for our league, I think.