• Guest - Welcome to SR4L!
    The SR4L forum and race servers are funded entirely by donations - if you can help support us, please donate here! -> here
  • Hello Guest
    Sim Racers 4 Life is CHANGING!
    Our race and forum servers are changing for financial reasons - quite simply - we are downsizing to better match demand and the level of donations. There may be some outages over the coming days/weeks but please be patient - we will be back!
    If you can't find our race servers, try searching for 'SR4L' (no quotes) in the Matchmaker - for some reason the '!' in '!SR4L' seems to confuse it. Please keep up your support!

Car Skin issues

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Hi all,

it was fun to get started on car skins but now it starts to become a hassle.
I have managed to do skins for the F2 but I struggle with the BT20.
I save as DDS, i can see it i the tuning area, i create a new player, ican select the new payer but when i go on the server and select the car there i get booted as I am not passing the vehicle filters.
I flattened t he file and saved as dxt1. i was only adding layers to the paint here area, this was causing issues earlier on.,

anyone any idea what might be the problem?

I attach my file

Thanks for your help
Tobias

Attachments

• Altsharkmouth3.dds
    2.7 MB · Views: 1

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
it worked now somehow, but i dont really know what i did different

if you see te attached car somewhere around you, you now that you are not fast enough to win, except you are lapping me
:)

Attachments

• GRAB_006.JPG
    GRAB_006.JPG
    624.6 KB · Views: 22

bullwinkle

Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
you are doing good

1959nikos

Staff member
League Member
Tobias try to keep the name of the dds file short.
There is a limit to the letters you can use, if I remember that was 12 so problems you had, maybe was because of this.

Also, when somebody downloaded your skin automatically at the server, when you revise it and save it with the same name, he will keep looking at your previous version, so you always must save with a different name (just in case you didnt know).

P.S. just moved this to Modding section.

Hedlund

League Member
Have anyone successfully made a driver and/or helmet for the new BT20?

Because it's a new driver and helmet my old ones looks very strange, so I decided to get the new driver and helmet from BT20 mas file and made my own templates.

However, the new ones won't show up in game. I have tried to pack them all into a MAS file like I always do, but it won't work. The files are named RIK6ALT, RIK6ALT_driver and RIK6ALT_helmet and are all packed into a MAS file called RIK6ALT.mas but only the skin want to show up in game. Why won't it work anymore? I've been away from rf2 for too long it seems...

The strange thing is that the old MAS worked, and the only difference was that all files was named 5 instead of 6. Really strange...