Canada Reports

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
I found this a weird track to setup for , there was not a lot of traction but all the settings I tried inorder to gain traction just made the car slower so I decided to run the smallest wing I could get away with and try to control my right foot .
Its a shame that track modders create great layouts for racing and then destroy the track with stupid grip levels , battling with the mickey mouse RF2 tyre model is challenge enough

Qually
I ran a crazy setup that was very high but seemed to work for 3 laps until the tyres melted , this got me a good time , too good , I didnt want pole as I wanted to be on the outside of turn 1 , I think I mentally pushed Marwin every lap to beat my time which fortunately he did on the last lap of qually

Race
I got the start I wanted and stayed with Marwin around the outside of turn 1 , this gave me the inside line for 2 , traction out of this corner was awful so I knew I could get my car striaght and back on the gas quicker than the guy on the outside and this is basically where I won me the race , Marwin pushed me hard all race long but my car just had the edge over him , he appeared to be running more wing than me , he was faster through the high speed corners but I was slightly quicker through the tighter turns and crucially the main striaght so he never got chance to use the draft .

That was a hard earned win for me , at the end of the race my hands were like claws through gripping the wheel so tight and my eyes were on stalks , never have I been so glad to see the finish flag.

Dan Bayford

League Member
I found this a weird track to setup for , there was not a lot of traction but all the settings I tried inorder to gain traction just made the car slower so I decided to run the smallest wing I could get away with and try to control my right foot .
Its a shame that track modders create great layouts for racing and then destroy the track with stupid grip levels , battling with the mickey mouse RF2 tyre model is challenge enough

Qually
I ran a crazy setup that was very high but seemed to work for 3 laps until the tyres melted , this got me a good time , too good , I didnt want pole as I wanted to be on the outside of turn 1 , I think I mentally pushed Marwin every lap to beat my time which fortunately he did on the last lap of qually

Race
I got the start I wanted and stayed with Marwin around the outside of turn 1 , this gave me the inside line for 2 , traction out of this corner was awful so I knew I could get my car striaght and back on the gas quicker than the guy on the outside and this is basically where I won me the race , Marwin pushed me hard all race long but my car just had the edge over him , he appeared to be running more wing than me , he was faster through the high speed corners but I was slightly quicker through the tighter turns and crucially the main striaght so he never got chance to use the draft .

That was a hard earned win for me , at the end of the race my hands were like claws through gripping the wheel so tight and my eyes were on stalks , never have I been so glad to see the finish flag.
Great job Dave:)

lamer of fortune

Administrator
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
I can only second daves comment on the track. Whatever I tried in the setup it did not seem to have an effect on the car and i went down a similar rout as Dave still with the obvious gap in talent and experience between us.
So when the race was about to start I expected nothing else but desaster. However it was not that bad after all. Despitet being dizzy from a hot day at the beach I could keep it together for some laps and avoid heavy crashes. A Spin in the beginning put me almost to the back of the field but then I could regain a few positions mostly through mishaps of others. The last 10 laps or so was a close battle with Cookie approaching from behind resulting in a clean overtake. After the gap open a bit I could get closer again by taking a bit more risk but that then resulted in the inevitable mistake which made the result clear. Still that was fun laps with close racing.

J-P SImard

League Member
Bravo Dave, great victory, great race also for Marwin who had the speed to win apparently.

From my side I saw quickly enough in qualifying that I could not fight for the win, I was really having trouble pushing I was missing a few tenths and I no longer had time to try another way on the setup side.

Actually in the race I was not able to follow the two guys in front, and Dan and Ramon passed me, I did not slide the clutch enough at the start. It took me a little while to overtake them and I was already 15 seconds behind the leaders and I really didn't have the speed to catch them, I took the rest of the race relaxed to take the podium. A lonely race and I was mostly trying to stay on the track and not too close to the wall. Otherwise in 16 years of online racing, I would never have won my home race. ;-)

Se you next time.

Last edited:

Bruce

League Member
Planned a zero pitstop race with hard tyres. All went well till I got a penalty for cutting the track (I think I might have taken a corner wide or cut it, to let someone past), I then somehow managed to get another. Had 2 drive throughs. I got in someone's way trying to sort things out, sorry for that. I got very little or no damage, so hopefully the car I traded paint with was also unscathed. Before I realised it was a drive through I went through the pit lane twice before I even started clearing the penalties. First time without calling for pit, so I drove through but it did not register.

I eventually worked out I needed to call for a pit box. I have lots of USB controllers (steering wheel, pedals, shifter, button box & handbrake) and when I plug unplug stuff, RFactor (or windows) does not allways reassign the same controller IDs. So when I tried to clear all my pit stuff the buttons did not work, so got a full (unneeded) pit stop and no cleared penalty. I then realised that I needed to call for a pit but just drive through. I eventually cleared all penalties and finished the race a few (lots of) laps down