• Like our community? Become a contributor -> here

Test Event Announcing GTPC BMW M1 - SR4L_LE - with kind permission of [ODS]Arnaud

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
GTPC BMWM1 SR4L_LE.jpg

INTRODUCING THE GTPC BMW M1 - SR4L_LE (League Edition)
With kind permission of [ODS]Arnaud

We are delighted to start testing our very own version of the GTPC BMW M1 mod.

[ODS]Arnaud has generously given permission for SR4L to modify the original vehicle to help make it more accessible to our drivers. The original GTPC version (available from Steam Workshop) can be a bit tricky to drive due to the authentic setup options (springs are quite stiff, tyre pressures are higher than many other mods etc.). The original mod also exhibits noticeable front-end lift at speed - making it a bit of a challenge at times!

IMPORTANT NOTE: The SR4L_LE version is not supported (in the technical sense) by GTPC - please report any issues etc. directly via this forum.

The SR4L_LE version has been given a greater range of adjustments to make it that bit easier to drive including:
  • Revised Spring/Damper geometry
  • Softer spring options
  • Revised Damper rates
  • Adjustable front aero & revised rear settings
The default setup has been tested at a small number of circuits and is a reasonable starting point - GTPC setups will not translate well!

You should find the car reasonably well balanced - and catchable! Note that the car retains the relatively-high centre-of-gravity and inertia of the GTPC mod so it does need some respect!

In addition, we are exploring some tweaks such as Push-To-Pass....!

P2P provides an allowance of power-on-demand. You will need to map keys (under the Drivetrain section) for both the P2P activation and the P2P time-remaining check.

The SR4L_LE mod currently allows up to two 5-second bursts of (significant) power per race. The allowance has been kept deliberately low for now - it will not be possible to defend with P2P lap-after-lap-after-lap in the same place, for instance. Use it wisely...

That's all for now - more details to follow. Please report any issues, thoughts etc. in this thread.

Server 2 (!SR4L-2) is currently up and running with the cars at Spa 1988. The track must be downloaded directly from the server. The vehicle should be downloadable from the server but can also be downloaded here: Mediafire linky

Note - the vehicle will show up in the car selector list under the heading 'SR4L_LE'

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Some car icons appear as 'drapes' in the vehicle selector list
  • The SR4L external window banner is not visible from inside the vehicles in many cases (original internal banner view remains)

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
I believe I’ve fixed the various windscreen issues offline (outside view now has the SR4L banner *and* the outside sheen/reflection/tint. Inside view has the correct reverse view of the banner and (hard to tell on my rig) the GTPC default internal opacity/tint (which isn’t much at all).

Still trying to fix the missing vehicle-selector icons (6 livery options just appear as the placeholder ‘drape’ icon) but this is just a minor inconvenience - the liveries can still be viewed in the ‘customise’ showroom spinner.

Probably update the download file and test server later today.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Still trying to fix the missing vehicle-selector icons (6 livery options just appear as the placeholder ‘drape’ icon) but this is just a minor inconvenience - the liveries can still be viewed in the ‘customise’ showroom spinner.

I've looked at the files for you.
6 of the cars you have different file names for the .Veh file.
For example you have called the .Veh file IMSA1981_CREVIER but the other files you have IMSA1981_CREVIER67

Capture.PNG

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Thanks - yes, that *was* the case in the version I released - but I corrected that locally last night and it didn’t seem to fix the issue… I’ll look again later.

DJCruicky

Staff member
Modding team
League Member
Works for me when I make the file name changes as above.
20220308123832_1.jpg

Also,
Something I would strongly recommend, make all the car filenames different to the original authors mods filenames. Your mod does not show in 'All Tracks and vehicles' unless I delete the original mod by the original author as a result . I can however get your mod to show if I make a vMod of your version. I have looked and all your files are all the same as the original. People might want to have both.

deecee52

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Here is a starter setup for Spa , give us your feedback guys then we at Admin can try to iron out any problems

Attachments

• bmw m1.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 8

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Works for me when I make the file name changes as above.
View attachment 1549

Also,
Something I would strongly recommend, make all the car filenames different to the original authors mods filenames. Your mod does not show in 'All Tracks and vehicles' unless I delete the original mod by the original author as a result . I can however get your mod to show if I make a vMod of your version. I have looked and all your files are all the same as the original. People might want to have both.
Yeah, ok. Renaming all the files got me into the original pickle! Must have created some ambiguous wildcards….!

Edvvc

League Member
Summer League Champion!
Here is a starter setup for Spa , give us your feedback guys then we at Admin can try to iron out any problems
I liked this starter more than the car's default setup. Default felt excessively loose.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
I liked this starter more than the car's default setup. Default felt excessively loose.
To be fair, the default was put together at Mosport and was just intended to get something driveable out of the box. Also, I have a reputation amongst Jonathan etc. for (excessively) loose oversteery setups!

if you can’t stand the heat, drive FWD ;)

Edvvc

League Member
Summer League Champion!
To be fair, the default was put together at Mosport and was just intended to get something driveable out of the box. Also, I have a reputation amongst Jonathan etc. for (excessively) loose oversteery setups!

if you can’t stand the heat, drive FWD ;)
To be honest I only drove it for one lap and it was the first one I tried, so it wasn't a fair comparison.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
We delayed updating the server yesterday - fixes are now in place for:
  • Co-existence with original GTPC mod (file naming convention)
  • Vehicle selector icons
  • Window banners, reflections and tints
I’ve also added FFB options to the Customise screen - this should allow owners of older wheels to boost the underlying FFB if necessary. Just waiting on this being tested offline as way the change is documented to work does not supposedly affect high-strength wheels such as my 26Nm SC2 Pro.

Myles (Mr Fox)

Server Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Modding team
Race Director
League Member
Teeny update - a *lot* of work has been going on behind the scenes on the SR4L version of this mod:

You spend more time in your rig than you do with me just now…
:eek: ;)

…but there are some technical challenges to overcome before we upload the latest version for testing. I’ll drop this post off Sticky for now.